Get off him! (Pt.3)

A little shorter this time since I got lazy \(°○°)/

"Y/n, wait! Please. I trust you and I trust him, I just-....I don't know."

"Well, I do. You're no friend. You're not to be trusted. I can't believe you, Steve."

"I thought we were closer than that."

As soon as you closed the door, you knew Steve was heartbroken. Maybe you could've at least heard him out a bit more, but you couldn't. Your mind was made up and your gut immediately felt betrayal. You had your reasons, but so did he, and so did Tony. Taking a deep breath, you sought out to find Bucky, you weren't going to stop until you found him either. But, as soon as your bare feet made contact with the cold marble floors, you shivered. Only then realizing just how much clothing you had on. But, you didn't care. A cropped shirt and shorts were going to have to work this time.

"Y/n!" Natasha called, catching up with your pace, "Y/n what's going on?"

"Do not play dumb with me right now." You spat, keeping your eyes from meeting hers, "I know you heard everything and you decided not to help. You were behind this too, weren't you?"

"Y/n-"

You stopped, turning around to face her. You saw the distress in her eyes, how sorry she looked at the moment. You teared up, hoping she wasn't behind this too.

"Weren't you?" Your voice cracked.

"I-" She froze, eventually bowing her head in shame, "Y-yes. I was."

"Fucking-" You cried, "Why? What the fuck do you have against him? What did he do, Nat?"

"I-I know but it's not for me to tell, I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Natasha, this isn't something you can keep hiding from me. He's my responsibility, I trust him and he trusts me. All of you, every single one of you knew he was here, why start a riot now?" You paused, "How many people are with you?"

Natasha gulped, looking at you with pleading eyes. You weren't falling for it, not again.

".....everyone is."

What you felt at that moment was unreal. Everyone was out for him, everyone who told you not to worry about it, not to panic and think they might take him from you. You trusted them. And now, even your most closest friends broke that word. You weren't exactly shocked, you were more of heartbroken all over again, it was just more effective now. Scoffing, you let more tears drop and walked away, blocking out another set of constant calls for you.

It took you a while, but you eventually found Bucky. He was in a far cell, down in the basement of the Tower, guarded by at least 10 guards. With the amount of rage and sadness you felt, it was easy to take out those guards. You grabbed the badge off one of them and opened the cell door. You saw him. He was sitting in a corner. No bed, no pillow, no blanket, and to hell with a place to fucking pee. They treated him like an animal. He had a collar around his neck, his head was hung low, his body was curled up in a dark corner, and he was shaking just a little bit. You let out a quiet sob at the sight of him which caught his attention. He sat up immediately, tensing and shutting his eyes closed, thinking you were another guard about to beat the metal off of him. The way he was so willingly ready to handle whatever was about to happen further made you upset.

"Bucky...." Your voice broke completely.

When your name fell from his lips, his eyes opened widely. He shuffled to his feet, holding onto the bars for support.

"Y/n...? Y/n, please tell me that's you." Bucky breathed out, his voice was usually uneven.

"It's me." You mumbled, dropping the badge and opening your arms, "It's me."

Quickly, he limped into your arms, holding impossibly tight. You tangled your fingers in his hair, massaging his scalp as your other hand rubbed his back. He buried his face in the crook of your neck, crying and shaking in your arms. It was a mixture between relief and a 'help me' cry. A cry you haven't heard of in days. You thought this life would be good for him, that he'd get a fresh start with everything, that he'd finally be able to live and smile more.

"I missed you." Bucky sniffed, "I missed you, doll....I missed you so much."

"I'm sorry I put you through this. I promise I'll get us out of here." You stuffed another set of tears down, "I didn't know. I didn't know they'd do it, I swear. Forgive me for doing this to you, please."

Bucky shook his head, keeping it buried in your neck, "It's not your fault. I don't blame you. I should've been stronger, I should've helped you instead of lay there."

"You were hurt." You chuckled lightly, "There was no way you could've help me."

Bucky pulled away but kept you close to him, resting his forehead on yours. You opened your eyes, looking right as his blue ones. That's when you really saw what he looked like. Brusies littered his face, they stripped him weapons, multiple holes were put through his suit, his hair was messed up, blood caked in his hair line and over his arm, and he had little cuts on the bridge of his nose. You couldn't hold back the tears anymore, everything about this situation was bullshit. Gently, you ran the pad of your thumbs over his cheeks and lips. You took in a shaky breath, trying your best to pull yourself together.

"Y/n! Y/n, I know you're upset but you have to understand something!" You heard someone shout from a couple feet away.

You sighed, pulling away from Bucky. You intertwined your fingers with his and gently rubbed his knuckles. He relaxed into your touch, resting his head on your shoulder. You used your other hand to rub the crown of his head, silently telling him to stay strong for you.

"Y/n." Bucky mumbled, pressing up against your backside, "Will it ever stop?"

You bit your lip, unsure of what he was asking, but you knew most of it was about what was going on at the moment.

"I'm not sure, Buck. But it will, one day."

Nodding, he lifted his head and kissed your hair lightly. He felt dizzy, trying to keep a steady balance. You knew he was losing his strength mentally and physically, you had to figure something out fast. You heard everyone come down the steps, headed twoards the cell where you two stood. Bucky heard them too, he tensed up again, squeezing your hand.

"You have a plan or was this off the top of your head?" Bucky asked, wrapping his arms around your waist.

You smiled. You didn't understand how he was able to make you smile in the worst situations possible, but he always did. You had an idea, it was a terrible idea but it just might work if you planned it right. The guards came around the corner and as soon as you saw them, you started to fight. Bucky fought too, as much as it hurt him to do so. The first set was down and more were coming. Grabbing his hand again, you and Bucky started to run twoards the exit, dashing across many security systems as well. Once you two mad eit outside, you took another route that avoided the city, making you end up in some type of small forest. You stopped to take a breather, hoping that no one caught up yet.

"So..." Bucky panted, laying down in the grass, "What now?"

You gritted your teeth, straightening your back and grabbing your side. You sat down next to Bucky and looked at him, an adventurous smirk on your face.

"How do you feel about Bucharest?"