Flirting

Requested by MathildeThomsenBobac.

"Sam, stop worrying. I don't this it's a problem, I think it's cute." You smiled, leaning against the kitchen counter with a mug.

"Cute? No. Absolutely no way. It's the opposite of cute. You're my youngest sister Y/n, I can't have you going around flirting with any guy you see." Sam argued, frowning.

"First off, Bucky isn't just 'some guy'—" You started, putting down your mug to make air quotes, "—and second, I'm 23, not 4. Stop treating me like I'm some fragile girl who can't protect herself. Let's not forget the 70 times I put you on your ass along with Barnes since you two have been here."

Sam just rolled his eyes, sighing as he straightened up his posture. You smirked, watching him slump in failure once more. Sam's been trying to get you to stop flirting with Bucky since they first arrived on the doorstep. Of course, his tactics didn't work at all, but he was also a little happy that you two have been talking, a little. It wasn't like you and Barnes were full on making out in front of him– it wasn't like you two haven't thought about it either– but you've actually respected the two best friends. Bucky would always protest on how he hated Sam with a passion, but who stays with someone they hate? You could see it right through Bucky's eyes about how much he cared for your brother, it was so much that he was willing to help him fight John and give him the shield instead of leaving him and taking the shield for himself. Again, Sam sighed as Bucky walked in, smiling once he saw you.

"I'm gonna work on the boat more." Sam mumbled, leaving the kitchen, "And no kissing, or making out, or flirting!"

You rolled your eyes.

"I saw that! I mean it, Y/n!" Sam shouted, leaving the house.

"What's got his wings ruffled?" Bucky smirked, leaning against the counter next to you.

"Just the fact that he doesn't want me to cook his ass and tell him he's wrong." You answered, smiling up at Bucky.

Bucky chuckled, shaking his head, "Still going on about the whole flirting thing, huh?"

"Apparently." You shrugged, "Although I wouldn't call it flirting."

"Oh?" Bucky raised his eyebrows, "You wouldn't? Then what would you call it?"

"I'd call it....talking with friends, chatting, making normal conversation." You teased, "Definitely not flirting."

"Mhm." Bucky hummed, "I see. So, you constantly winking at me isn't flirting? Or the little touches that you do? That either?"

Your ears went hot, and you immediately looked at the floor, "Nope. No idea what you're talking about."

"Right." Bucky chuckled, nodding, "Well, I guess we'll just find out what flirting is then, hm?"

"BUCKY." Sam shouted from outside, "STOP KISSING MY SISTER AND GET OUT HERE."

You cleared your throat, pushing yourself off the counter, "Looks like you're wanted."

Bucky smirked, pushing himself off the counter as well, "In more ways than one according to you."

You squeezed your eyes shut, looking at the floor again, and your whole face went hot.

"Just go away." You groaned, covering your face.

"You're cute when you hide." Bucky smiled, walking away, "You're cute when you do anything really."

You groaned louder, earning another laugh from the Super Soldier as he left the house as well. Sighing, you attempted to fix your loving daze and find something to do. You decided to scroll through Instagram to pass the time when Sam called you as well. You sighed, standing up and stuffing your phone in your back pocket. You jogged over to Sam who was working on a pipeline that had busted and waited for your request to do something. Most likely something important.

"Hand me that wrench over there." Sam said, pointing around in an attempt to point at it while he wasn't looking.

"Sure." You shrugged, handing him the tool, "Where's Bucky? I'm sure he could've done it."

"I don't know. I don't care. Just gotta..." He twisted the wrench around, thinking he'd done it when it started leaking again, "Damnit!"

"Give that." You rolled your eyes, grabbing the wrench, "You have to do it tighter. Duh."

You easily turned the wrench around and around until the pipe was secure, more than secure. Sam furrowed his brows, confused on how that was easy for you.

"Come on, Sammy. Put some elbow grease on it, lazy." You playfully rolled your eyes, beginning to leave.

"Whatever." Sam mumbled, rolling his eyes as well.

"Doll." Bucky smirked, looking up from a piece of paper to you, "How's it going?"

You raised an eyebrow, "You saw me 10 minutes ago, James. It hasn't been that long."

Bucky's heart fluttered at the use of his first name rolling off your tongue like nothing, "What? Can't check up on you?"

"Didn't say that." You spoke, walking over to him, "Watcha working on."

He sighed, looking back at the paper, " 'S bunch of junk. I don't know how Sam's ever gonna pull this off."

Bucky's Brooklyn accent almost made you pass out from pure adoration.

"I believe in him. I think with our help he can make it work." You smiled, leaning against Bucky's shoulder.

You propped your head so you could look Bucky in the eyes, his head faced you, both your lips inches apart.

"Yeah?" Bucky asked, his breath fanning your lips.

"Yeah." You repeated, slightly winded by his beauty.

Without another word, Bucky pressed his lips to yours. You didn't hesitate to kiss back, in fact, you repositioned yourself on his lap. A sudden burst of confidence surged through you. Bucky's tongue danced with yours, loving the taste of your bubblegum chapstick. Sadly, you two had to pull away for air, resting each other's foreheads against the other.

"I've been meaning to tell you I like you." You chuckled lowly, placing your hands around his neck.

Bucky placed his hands around your waist, "Was the kiss not clear enough?"

"No." You shook your head, "Maybe you should try again, I think I'd understand then."

Bucky smirked, leaning in to press his lips against yours again. It would've been a full make-out session if Sam didn't step out and scared the living shit out of the both of you.

"Y/n?! Barnes?! Are you-" Sam shouted, making you jump, "Kissing?!"

Bucky kept his hands around your waist, laughing quietly as he stood up. He placed you on the ground gently before turning to face Sam.

"No...not at all." Bucky contained his smile, "Why?"

"Y/n? What is this?" Sam asked, eyes wide.

"Uh...nothing. Definitely not flirting."

Bucky looked down, smiling. He turned his head to face you, giving you a wink.

"Definitely."