Switched bodies

Story: 'What if Bucky switched bodies with you? Sam? Tony? Anyone?'

Summary: A mission at a Hydra base goes wrong, Bucky and Sam switch bodies until Bruce finds a cure for it.

Warning: Wheezing (less likely) might be a problem for your lungs, fluff, and over all confusion. You've been warned.

Random question of the day: Who's your favorite celebrity?

             <×<×<×<×<×<×<×<×<×<×<×<

A high pitched scream.

That's what you heard on a Sunday evening at 5:43pm. Typically, you'd normally rush to find whoever screamed and fix the problem, a habit you picked up from Steve. But, seeming as though you already knew who screamed, you sighed and stood up. Closing your book, you placed your bookmark on your page and swung your legs off to the edge of your bed.

You speed-walked to the door, incase this was a real emergency, and knocked on it several times. There was a bunch of mumbling, things getting knocked over, and then the door clicked. You crossed your arms over your chest, coming face to face with Sam.

"Why are you screaming?" You immediately demanded, now upset that it wasn't an actual issue.

"Uh—, I-I, how do you know it was m-me?" He stumbled over his words as you cocked a brow.

1.) If Sam ever stutters, he's traumatized.

2.) The high pitched scream is used for 'I don't want this' and the low pitched scream is used for 'Get me out of this'.

3.) He used neither.

You huffed, about to open your mouth again when Bucky stopped into veiw. His eyes were big, it looked like he couldn't keep balance, and he was starting at you then his body back and forth. Now you were really confused. You creased your eyebrows, noticing both men looking unable to even open a pickle jar. It couldn't have been what you were thinking because apparently neither men 'Swung that way', and it definitely wasn't a fight because neither one of them has a bloody, broken, cut, or bruised anything.

"Okay, well, clearly you're very...not you right now. You don't scream unless you've finished your issue of comic books." You inform, mostly to yourself to figure out what was going on.

"Hey! They aren't comic books, it's a series. I wish I could find the comic books but I can't, not even Tony's famous style can get me anywhere." Bucky, defensively answered.

You furrowed your brows, "Uhm, all right. I mean, unless you've been spending an unusual amount of time with Sam, then I'm very very confused."

Sam growled. You almost cringed, you've never heard anyone growl except Bucky. Pulling you out of your thinking, Sam grabbed you by your arm and dragged you into his room, shutting the door closed.

"Careful, you idiot!" Bucky shouted, using his metal arm to push Sam aside, "You'll ruin my record of not manhandling girls!"

"You be careful, dumbass! That arm isn't anything to play with, watch where you swing that thing!" Sam shouted back, stepping up to Bucky.

You rubbed your temples, your brain was working overtime on a double. You didn't understand, Sam was warning Bucky about his arm like it was his, and Bucky was warning Sam about touching you like it was his streak. Then they both yell at eachother like they switched bodies—

Your head shot up, "No. No absolutely not,"

Bucky turned his head, stopping the whole argument. His eyes looked like they were full of hope and relief.

"No way!" You covered your mouth, partly amazed and partly worried, "Did you guys—?! Or, or am I just crazy!"

"No, no! It's exactly what you think, I hate it!" Sam shouted, urging you to finish your thought.

"Wait, so, you're Sam," You point at Bucky, "And you're...Bucky?" You pointed at Sam.

"Fix it!" Sam er, Bucky, confirmed your thought, "I want my body back! After the mission I thought everything was fine because we did it, but I wake up and I'm Sam! I don't even want to take a showers anymore!"

"Yeah, and this dude is way to much! You're heavy man, especially with this arm! And I'm flexible, Y/n. Flexible!" Bucky, or now Sam, complained.

You were stunned to say the least, your eyes shifted between both men, mentally slapping both of them. You had so many questions for each of them, some even a little weird, but one question stuck out the most.

"Did you two go see Bruce?" You asked, shrugging.

"Really?" Sam scoffed, rolling back his— well, Bucky's—shoulders, "Did we go see Bruce? Of course we saw him! He says it'll take over 72 hours for us to return to normal! Whatever those Hydra freaks gave us, it's fucking strong."

"Huh." You hummed, pursing your lips, "Well then, you two are going to have to do some work. Oh, and Barnes, you're out the bed for the next two days."

"What?!" He whined, "But...cuddles! And what about TV kisses?!"

"Ew, dude! Knock it off, it's me who's talking remember? I don't cuddle nor TV kiss, Y/n." Sam crossed his arms over his chest, "Besides, what the hell even are TV kisses?"

"Dosen't matter." You stretched, turning back to Bucky, "Sorry, Buck. But until you're back in your body, there's no way you're sleeping in the bed. Or you can and I'll sleep on the couch, it's just weird to sleep with my brother. Really weird."

"No! Y/nnnnnnn!" He dragged out your name.

You took a breath through your nose, opening the door, "I'll come back in a little. I need to find out more about what happened, and until then, don't kill each other."

You left, closing the door behind you, and down to find Tony and Bruce. Or anyone else who knew what was going on. Bucky pouted, standing in the middle of the room with anger written across his face.

"Stop doing that." Sam groaned, "You're making me look pathetic."

"Shut it, Wilson. I'll kill you, and then when we switch back you'll actually be dead." Bucky threatened, losing his pout, "I just lost two days of not spending time with my girlfriend because you didn't see that fucking magician at the base!"

"One, that's not how switching bodies work. Two, I don't care! I'm stuck with your body and I don't know what to do!" Sam spat.

"Well me either. If I could pretend to be you and fuck up your life I would." Bucky paused, thinking over his words, a mischievous smile across his face.

"Don't you do it." Sam threatened.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll beat you with your arm."

In the blink of an eye, Bucky took off running out the room and down the halls to the stair case.

"Shit!" Sam cursed, running after him, "I have your speed, Barnes!"

"Uh-huh! And I have your wings!"

"YOU PEICE OF SHI—"