The store (pt.2)

"EVERY DAY I WAKE UP AND I HOPE YOU'RE DEAD!"

"See you then, doll."

Oh jeez. What did you get yourself into?

The party was in less than two hours and Bucky was coming in less than an hour. You still didn't pick out one of your dresses, or shoes, or made sure Tib's would be okay during the night. Not that she wouldn't be clever and do anything she wants with or without permission. Damn cat.

God, you really needed to get out more.

The damn detective. He used his very impressive skills to smooth his way into a plus one/date for tonight. Muttering a string of curses under your breath, you hustled towards your closet and frantically searched your closet for a dress. Then, there it was. Sticking out just enough to catch your eye. The blue dress. It wasn't your typical just navy blue and tight enough to cut off your circulation kind of dress, but the one that makes you look good. The blue slim at the top dress that flowed down just above your knees, with a thick white belt and a gold buckle. A silver necklace hung from the hanger while the white pumps sat at the bottom of the dress on the floor.

Oh yeah. A little bit of blue eye shadow, your hair a little curled at the ends. Natasha hooked you up with multiple things while you were traveling over the weekend with your friend Peter. Smiling to yourself, you got ready as fast as you could, while multitasking with time and Natasha's endless questions.

"And he just. . came up to you? Just like that?" Nat asked, raising an eyebrow in the camera, "Kinda hard to believe a famous detective just waltzed into a corner store that barely anyone knows about."

"Wow, Nat." Your shoulders slumped, mock hurt, "That kinda hurt. Everyone knows about Tibs, which is why famous people come there on such short notice sometimes. And I'll have you know, he did just waltz in there and we talked. He invited me for his plus one today, which also meant that I couldn't avoid Sam's party."

"Well, you need to get out anyways. I'm tired of you talking to Tib's all the time." Natasha smiled, "I see the way she looks at you, I swear she's cussing you out in Cat language sometimes."

"Hey, Tib's is a great listener." You snickered, applying some lipstick, "And get this, you remember when she snuck out all the time to meet with that other cat? That's his cat. Alpine."

"Wow. Even your cat is in love." Nat smirked, "It's definitely destiny. And, the fact that you look absolutely stunning in that dress is definitely going to win him over."

You chuckled, stepping back to look at yourself in the mirror, "What makes you think I want to win him over?"

"Oh, please." She scoffed, rolling her eyes, "Everyone wants to win him over, but you, you've got the looks and personality. Definitely a 10/10."

You waved your hand around, containing your blush, "Shut up. Just. . . go to your damn meeting. I'll tell you how it went after."

"You got it. Break some hearts." She winked, right before ending the call.

You looked over yourself once more. You did look good, you could at least give yourself that. Nodding in agreement with your choice, you headed out of your bathroom and to the living room. You were prepared physically but not mentally. What if when you stepped out your door you tripped? Or Tib's ran away? Or your heel broke? Or your makeup was running? What if you stepped on his feet if he asked you to dance? What if your hands were sweaty?

Ew, am I sweaty?

You couldn't help the overbearing thoughts that swarmed your head. Jeez, going out with someone was a lot of work. Taking a deep breath, you checked the time and released an exhale upon seeing the digits. Oh god, you were worried beyond proper thinking.