He's not....real? (Pt.2)

Been a while since I made the other one, but here's part 2 :)

Yall are really thinking about pulling a Wanda in this one. No disrespect to the queen 😤🤚

Not my best grammar usage in this story but bare with me please. Unedited.

Words: 1881

"What do you mean 'he's different'?" Tony asked, an exasperated sigh coming from his lips as he examined the man you found, "He's almost in perfect shape. His left arm is critical though, obviously, if we don't stop the bleeding and have the right equipment, he'll die."

Your eyes widened as your shoulders slouched a little bit, "He can't die."

"Agreed." Tony nodded, waving for Bruce, "Let's get to work. Natasha, pump up the speed on this thing. We don't want Pac-man over here to die on us, per Y/n's request."

"Pac-man?" Steve raised a brow, setting down his shield, "Why Pac-man?"

"Cause, this guy is about to stuff the rest of my IV bags in his veins. Along with my time."

??????????????

"Dr. Cho! How's it lookin'?" Bruce stepped into the room, holding a tray of food out infront of him.

"Mr. Banner," Cho greeted, "It's going well. His responses seem normal to his recovery. But, the machine seems to stop at the shoulder blade of his arm, it dosen't go any further."

"Why not?" Bruce frowned, handing you a wrapped burger from the tray.

"My machine makes tissue not the bones needed to make a full arm." She sighed, "I'm afraid that's the best I can do. But he is stable and should wake up a few moments from now."

Bruce nodded slowly, "Okay. Well, I mean, I guess we could give him a prosthetic. But, until then, Y/n, you should get some rest. It's been 6 hours since we arrived."

"No. No way. He's about to wake up soon. I-I wanna be here when he does." You responded, earning the 'Uncle look' from him, "It's better this way. Besides, I'm the last face he's seen so, if he wakes up to new faces it might freak him out or something. Trust me. I got this."

Sighing, Bruce and Cho walked out the room, closing the door behind them both. You breathed a sigh of relief as you slid down the comfy chair. Ever since the mysterious guy arrived at the Tower, you didn't take your eyes off him. Not even during his surgery. You made sure there wasn't an ounce of pain on his face, not even a twitch of his eyebrows. You didn't understand why you felt so protective over him. Sure, you saved plenty of people, making sure they were comfortable and got where they needed to be. But this was different. You were highly protective of him.

"You all lie. You threw me off a cliff, I was a failure to you."

You couldn't get that sentence out your head. He thought he was a failure, that you- they, lied to him. He must've been talking about Hydra, he was found in a Hydra base. Abandoned. You don't know for how long, but you knew he needed help. The shuffling of sheets made you jump slightly before your eyes darted to the source. Steel blue eyes were looking right into yours, scared and confused but not a hint of violence in them. You could tell he wasn't making a plan to dash at the moment, only a plan to ask questions. Then dash. Slowly, you stood, walking over to his side. He flinched at your movement and leaned back with each step you took.

"Hi," You started, awkwardly standing a few meters from him, "I didn't really get to introduce myself so, my name is Y/n. Y/n L/n. What's your name?"

He stayed quiet for a moment. His eyes searched you and the room, almost as if he was analyzing his surroundings. Taking in every corner, crack, and crevasse. The color of the walls, the floor, the machines around him, how many windows there were, and basically everything else in there.