Get your best friend back.

1st requested story.

Summary: The roles are switched and Steve is the Winter Soldier. You, Bucky, and the rest try everything in your power to get him back.

                 \|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\

"Wait," You stopped Tony, trying to process his words, "You saw him?"

"Yes!" Tony groaned, trying desperately to tell you what happened.

"Okay, so, run that by me one more time. You were driving to the store and, what?" You sighed, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I was at least another 5 miles from the store since I took another route and wanted something else, and then all of a sudden, BAM! I'm like 40 meters from my car! The only reason I didn't get injured was because Friday totally saved my ass with my suit. And then I saw him, right there, staring at me with these...haunted blue eyeballs, right? And he dissappeared! I swear as soon as we made eye contact the man was gone in a blink of an eye." Tony explained, catching his breath near the end.

"And you think he was after you?" Natasha raised a brow, unhooking one of her arms from her current position and pointing a finger at Tony.

"Yes! Exactly!" Tony pointed back.

"Okay, but even if Steve was ordered to hunt you down, why you?" You asked.

"Yeah." Sam smirked, "Got some type of way to bring Hydra down in seconds, exposing them to the entire world so then they have multiple targets on their backs, or perhaps a way to blow every Hydra base to smithereens and enjoy the veiw of everyone blowing up with it while you sit back and laugh at their failure to dominate the world?"

You blinked a few times, trying to understand how all of that came off the top of his head.

Tony shook his head slowly, concerned as well, "...No...do you?"

"No." Sam shrugged, "But I've been thinking about it....a lot."

"Yeah....sure." You nodded, scared to disagree with him, "Anyways, so, did he leave you any clue of where he'd go next?"

"No, why would he? He's the Winter Soldier. Those kinds of people with those kinds of names who work for those kinds of Organizations, never leave any kind of clue behind."

"Not entirely true." A voice spoke up, "We've got him. He's on a highway, probably heading back Hydra or going to another mission. Either way, he passed 4 different cameras riding in a heavy armed truck."

You nodded, following along with Bucky's explanation. A lot of stuff was going through your mind right now, so much so, that you could barley eat breakfast without coming up with new ideas to find Steve. Steve meant a lot to you and Bucky. To you, Steve was your big brother who always 'protected' you, at least as best as he could. To Bucky, Steve was his best friend for 70 plus years now, memories from the 40's still lingered in his mind. And for his best friend to forget all those times and who you two were to him, it crushed Bucky with no mercy. The fight on the highway only gave Bucky more reason to try and get Steve back, and you couldn't blame him. You'd do the same. You are doing the same.

"Alright." Natasha sighed, standing up from the couch, "You heard the man! Move!"

Everyone scrambled to their rooms, throwing on their combat gear, and in no time, made it to the QinJet. Some were on the Jet, others used motorcycles, and no one but Tony actually flew. After you got dressed, you sighed heavily and rubbed your eyes, chuckling lightly. Bucky creased his eyebrows, slightly smiling at your laugh as he finished getting dressed.

"What?" He asked, grabbing his weapons.

"It's just, you know, after all these years, we might actually have a chance at getting Steve back." You smile, zoning out at the floor, "We might actually be a whole family again."

"Of course we will, doll." Bucky gave a small smile, walking over and pulling you to his chest, "Stevie might've been good at hiding for a while, but no one can hide from you. We'll get him back, and just like we were before, we'll be a family again. But this time, it's bigger."

"Yeah." You nodded, "So much bigger."

"We got this, doll." Bucky breathed, placing a kiss on your forehead, "Don't worry."

"I'm not. Just...excited is one word for it." You smiled warmly, "So, ready to get your best friend back?"

Bucky hummed in response, grabbing his last gun and checking the amount of bullets he had.

"Yeah. You ready to get your brother back?" He asked.

You grabbed your swords and slid them in the back of your suit holsters, nodding as well.

"Of course."