Lady manners

Made for _skittles107_ as a late birthday present

Ily so much <3

August 23rd, 1933

"—and don't do it again!" Your mother screamed at you, closing the door behind her.

Steve came up from behind you and snickered, scratching a rash on his arm, "You're gonna do it again."

"I'm gonna do it again." You confirmed, your Brooklyn accent was thick.

"Y/n, please don't." Bucky sighed, readjusting his position on your bed, "You just got yelled at by your ma, if it was mine I'd be grounded right now."

"Oh no." You scoffed, mocking him, "I can't go outside and date girls I've only known for five minutes. Boo-hoo. I'm doing it again."

"Hey, I'm serious." He narrowed his eyes, "We've got to study for this test. And if you're grounded we can't help you out."

"What do you mean? I know what we're doing on that test tomorrow." You defended, crossing your arms over your chest.

"But do you know how to do it?"

Your shoulders slumped as you frowned. You were definitely doing it now. You clenched your jaw and dashed out the front door, grabbing your bike and going out to your backyard.

"Y/n! Y/n, stop you could get hurt!" Steve shouted after you, catching up with you at the back door.

"Shush! I'm about to the coolest thing ever!" You grinned, hopping on your bike and riding over to the mid range ramp, "I'll take it down after I pull it off, promise!"

"Yeah, if you're alive!" He argued, huffing in frustration, "Bucky! Bucky you have to stop her!"

"Oh, god." You rolled your eyes, finally gaining momentum as you rode.

The trick was simple. You gain enough speed to jump the ramp, but while you were in the air you turn and land backwards. Yeah, you were an absolute idiot. But being sixteen you felt unstoppable sometimes. Hence, the stupid trick you're trying for the second time.

"Y/N—"

Okay, Y/n. Jump, turn...— land!

You squeezed your eyes closed, expecting yourself to fall or break an arm, but you were still. You weren't moving. You cracked an eye open and peaked down at yourself, a huge grin started to spread on your face. You landed. You must've slowed yourself down while you turned to make the landing a bit softer on you. Laughing, you hopped off your bike and did a little victory dance.

"Guys, I did it! I actually fucking did it! Stevie did you see that? Bucky, I know you thought that was awesome!" You cheered, turning twoards them.

Your victory was cut short when you saw your mother standing there, both boys behind her with terrified looks on their faces. You slumped your shoulders again, groaning in frustration.

"Y/n M/n L/n! What in the world are you thinking? I leave for five minutes and you go behind my back again?!" She started lecturing you, stepping closer, "That's it! You're grounded, Missy! Your father is going to have a word with you and teach you some actual manners! What do I send you to school for? Laughing? And when did you start swearing, let alone in my household!"

"But I did it, ma! Look!" You tried to show her your achievements but was shut down again.

"No! That was stupidly and recklessly dangerous! You could've hurt yourself! In the house, now!" She pointed at you, walking back in herself.