Kindness

I think I'm in my child fic phase again...

HOW ARE YOU GUYS?

Tony saves the day today guys :)

#tonysupremacy

You were a soft hearted person. You liked to show people kindness, give them smiles, hugs, even if you didn't know them.

But throughout your life, people have been constantly taking that for granted.

They'd take your hugs for anything they want, they'd take your 'hi' for 'do this for me', they'd take your smiles as 'I'm vulnerable'. Everyone you met somehow took advantage of you, but you didn't notice. You'd only notice the small things like being called an idiot for not noticing how someone greeted you. It only just started bothering you, just now started to come together. And it was painful.

Another day of high school was painful.

"Hi, sweetheart." Your father greeted you in the kitchen.

"Hi." You mumbled, slinging your bag over your shoulder again, "Whatcha making?"

"Pasta." He smiled, looking over his shoulder at you.

You nodded, heading to your room. Bucky was standing there confused, his eyebrows knitted together in concentration. Where was the normal joy you had? The smile that made even his worse days brighter? For now, he decided to shrug it off. Maybe you didn't feel well in the moment. As he prepared the plates, you were in your room writing down your day. It was a habit you had created when you were small, watching your father write in those notebooks he keeps hidden. It calmed you, soothed out your stress and made you feel relaxed. Usually. But today, it only seemed to frustrate you. You noticed the pattern in your journals, they always had the same problem in them. People.

"Dinners done!"

Sighing heavily, you wiped away any residue of crying and washed your face before heading out your room. You didn't want to step out, but you knew that even the slightest chance of not showing up raised suspicion. Hopefully someone else would show before you.

"Ooh, pasta!"

Good. You stayed in your room for a few, waiting for the commotion to happen.

"Hi, Sam." Bucky sounded annoyed, "Can you not? I'm waiting for my daughter."

"What's the problem?" Steve's voice had entered the room, "Where's Y/n?"

"In her room." Bucky sighed, "She's been hiding in her room for a while, I don't know what's wrong. She's not her usual self."

"Maybe it's her time of the month?" Natasha stepped in, it sounded like she was grabbing plates.

"Doubt it, we just went through that whole cycle last week." Your father sounded defeated, "Unless she's— no. Ha, no. Never."

"You never know," Sam teased, a short silence fell over before he let out a loud yell, "OW. I was kidding!"

"Then don't joke like that." Bucky said effortlessly, you could practically hear the shrug and pursed lips.

"Oh, shit. No." Tony.

"What's wrong?" Steve questioned, he sounded closer to your door now.

"I just realized this is like one big family, I don't like family dinners." Tony sighed, "It's like taking sex and— where's Y/n?"

Steve must've pointed to your door in the quiet moment. Tony let out a short sound of understanding and soon, footsteps became echos. You rubbed your temples, trying to mentally prepare yourself for such a loud, worrying, and talkative dinner you were about to have. You grabbed your phone, seeing a text you received from the actual group of friends who cared for you. Mostly Peter who continued to blow up your phone. You'd answer him later, right now you had to get through this war inside and out.