☆~Chapter 13~☆

Silence filled the room. The two of us stared at each other. Kei scratched his head and grumbled, "I knew it. I should've gone there." He huffed. I pull my legs closer to my chest and hug them. Kei stared at me as I do so, I didn't want to say anything. We continued to be silent, I bury my face on my legs. It was just like last time. Someone got hurt and another friend got taken away from me. What if everything turns out like before. I'm scared. What do we do without Pah-chin? I sniffled. 

Suddenly I hear Kei getting closer to me. Soon he made his way next to me. I couldn't see him but I felt him sitting next to me. I clench my hands hugging myself tighter. "No need to worry. Ya' said it was Pah's choice, right?" Kei comforted me as he caressed my hair gently. Even so, it's a a huge difference without Pah. "I'm scared." Kei's hand paused from stroking my hair. I looked up to face him and said with a worried tone, "I'm scared, Kei-chan." I knew that its different but it still bugs me. What if I get to scared to talk to Pah-chin just like what I did before with Kazutora. 

What if Mikey starts to hate Pah-chin?

Kei huffed. He grabbed my face softly and stared at me. "Listen, it's fine. This is nothing like before. Osanai's fine from what I heard. He ain't dead." He spoke to me, more like he scolded me but it didn't matter. It still made me feel a little less scared. "This time you got me." Kei blurted while he hold me close to him. Maybe it was from the awkward position we're in or from the things he said but I blushed and looked away from him.

Maybe he was surprised, since he let go of me and stood up "AnD! Mikey will be fine...ugh...probably." His voice slightly cracked as he said 'and'  but then he hesitated after mentioning Mikey. I tilted my head and asked, "Is there something wrong with Mikey?" He rubbed his nape like he was caught. "I'll tell you after we eat."  

He handed me a Yakisoba and a pair of chopsticks. He offered it and mouthed 'dig in'. I nodded and took it. Yakisoba's not that bad but I don't particularly like it, Kei feeds me Yakisoba when he tries to comfort me though. He's not that good with words so he just feeds me when he tried to comfort me which was kind of...funny? I do appreciate it though. He sat next to me and ate. I watched him for a bit "Don't you like it?" He asks. I took the chopsticks and stared at the food "No, I like it... I was just thinking."

"Of what?" He asks. That I'm glad to have you around. The words were already in my head but I couldn't say them. Kei stares at me waiting for an answer. I stared at his face then quickly looked back at the food and started eating "N-nothing!" I blurted as I shoved the Yakisoba in my mouth. 

"So when will you tell me?"

I ask while we eat in front of each other. Kei looked at me then went back to eating "Mikey and Draken are fighting, I heard from Mitsuya." He mumbled. Mikey and Draken? Is it because of Pah-chin? Is Mikey mad again? Did he do something? 

"T-then!" I placed down my food and blurted out. Kei looked at me as if he already expected my reaction "You gonna stop them?" He asks. I went silent and took my food back while looking at him. "That.." I sulk. Kei stood up "It can't be helped then. A visit won't hurt." He held out his hand waiting for me to stand up. I smile and took his hand.

The two of us walked to the park after asking Emma where they were. As we arrive I recognize familiar faces running around and playing. Strange. As we got closer, I see Hanagaki's friends playing with Mikey and Ryuiji. A sweat dropped from my face. "Y/n-chan!" Emma yelled my name and waved at me. She approached us. "Oh, Baji-kun's here too." Hinata followed her from behind. Emma used to call Kei, Keisuke-kun but now she started calling him by his last name. I wondered if it's strange for me to still call him 'Kei-chan'.

"I thought Mikey and Ryuiji were fighting?" I ask her with confusement. Kei was standing next to me silently with his hands inside his pocket. He was looking down on Emma and Hinata due to his height. Hinata looked slightly bothered by it. "That's what we thought too. But they made up." Emma answered me. So I was worried for nothing. "What are those guys doing here?" Kei asked Emma.

"Oh are you talking about Takemitchy? Apparently he made Draken and Mikey make up." Emma smiled as we watched them play soccer. Hanagaki? I was nervous that the fight was serious. I let out a sigh. Kei leaned to me and whispered to my ear, "You good now?" I could feel the heat of his breathe. I nodded "Yeah.. thanks." I whispered back while watching  Mikey play. I turned to see Emma and Hinata blushing. 

"Let's go sit there." Emma took my hand and started leading me to where she and Hinata sat earlier. I followed them both then looked back at Kei "You can leave me and play with them." I say while walking with the girls. Kei stared at me silently while standing with both hands still in his pockets "I'd rather stay with you." He says which got Emma smirking and snickering. I made an 'oh' sound in reply. 

Kei did not play with Mikey and the others instead he sat on the stairs with us but 5 meters away. I sat between Hinata and Emma snickering and giggling while clinging into me. "Are you two dating, Y/n-san?" Hinata whispers to me. I flinch and and turned to her "W-what?!" I turn red and gazed at Kei who wasn't paying attention to us. Good thing he didn't hear us  "We're not!" I whisper-yelled. 

"Oh right. Why don't you ask him on a date." Emma held me closer to her and grinned "Yeah ask him out on the festival." Hinata added. Emma laughed with a 'fufufu' sound and went to Hinata. She placed her hands on Hinata's shoulder "Hina-chan already asked her boyfriend." Emma told me with a proud look in her face which made Hinata blush a little. Hinata really is cool. I haven't talk to her before but talking to her feels comfortable "I guess I could.." I mumbled while rubbing my nape. Emma and Hinata started blushing and squeling. 

"What are you guys talking about?"  Mikey appeared infront of us with Ryuiji. Emma grinned, "Nothing~" She answers. Ryuji stood next to Mikey "I didn't expect you two to be here too." He glanced at Kei. Kei stood up and walked towards us "Y/n was obviously worried. Turns out you two were fine." 

 "Oh, I guess we should go now. It's getting late too." I stand up. 

"Aw.. it was nice talking to you, Y/n-chan." "See you." The girls waved me goodbye. "I'll see you." I wave at them back. Mikey was staring at me, he looked like he wanted to talk to me but the sun was already setting. 

Me and Kei walked together. "I was worried for nothing." I chuckled. Kei who was walking next to me made a 'Mn' sound as an agreement. We walked silently without exchanging words. I didn't hate it. It was comfortable. As we walked I catch myself staring at his hands. Woah. I almost tried to hold his hand. Feeling sheepish, I just stare at him. His ears were slightly orange "Are you blushing?" I blurted. "What!?" He was startled. "It's just the sun." It was true. The sun was already setting, creating orange hues. But I noticed his ears turning red earlier while Me, Emma and Hinata were talking. Maybe he did hear us.