☆~Chapter 18~☆

"We brought you lunch and apples." I placed the bento and the apples I were carrying on the table near Ryuiji's bed. "Thanks Y/n." He responded calmly. I was quiet and so was Ryuiji. Finding the atmosphere awkward, I sat next to Ryuiji and started peeling apples. 

Ryuiji stared at me "What happened to your feet?" He asks "Got them from running too much." I answer.

Kei spoke from behind me "Yeah no shit, she carried your ass." Ryuiji huffed then looked at me "Hey that's dangerous. Why are you so careless about yourself...." I paused and stopped peeling the apple. I glared at him. He doesn't get to say that to me. "Care to tell me who tried fighting guys from moebius after getting stabbed?" He went silent. Kei wheezed from behind and ate the apples I pealed for Ryuiji.

I was clearly not in the best mood. I hate when this happens. How can they even tell me I'm careless when they get their selves stabbed. They're the ones careless. Every single time.

"Draken-kun!! How ya holdin up?!" A certain blonde barged into the room with his tacky fashion sense. Ryuiji's eyes twitched from the sight of him. And You stared intensely to his shorts which had the biggest print saying OUTLAW. A cough took his attention, from bolding your laugher it turned into a cough instead. "I-im sorry.." you apologized for the sudden cough. 

"Quit acting like a jackass." Ryuiji told the hlonde straightforwardly. "H-how am I a jackass?" Hanagaki asked grumpily "I don't think it's that bad..." He earned a response from you "It's lame as hell." Ryuiji bluntly spat out which frain Hanagaki's confidence "I think so too." Kei added.

 Hanagaki was slighly startled from Kei being there"You wouldn't understand what it's like to live in the shadows." What's up with that line, did he get it from a manga. You silently sat next to Ryuiji not wanting to say anything. "Don't be creepy" Ryuiji sighed "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE'S LOOKED UP TO ME LET ME LIVE A LITTLE OKAY?!" Hanagaki yelled infront of Ryuiji's face. 

"Yeah I can't believe you'd admit something depressing at max volume." Ryuiji laughed "Hey, don't be so harsh." You scolded. Hanagaki turned around and placed his hands inside his pockets. Then he started to kick the wall "Tsk you're no fun." he sulked. "Ah yeah right." 

Hanagaki turned his head and looked at you two "Mikey, asked me to give this to you." Ryuiji spoke; Hanagaki picked up the paperbag. He took out a uniform from inside and held it up high "A gang uniform." The blonde greatly admired it "Hey are you serious? What the hell?" Kei spat.

The two of you were surprised to see the uniform. "In Toman, that uniform's as important as life itself." Ryuiji proclaimed "Why does he want me to have this?" 

 "He asked that whether you wear it or not is up to you but he wants you to have it. Takemitchy you're Toman's saviour everyone knows that including me." Ryuiji got out of his bed and started to bow in front of Hanagaki "Let me show you my gratitude for once." Toman's vice president was bowing to a teenager who's not even in Toman. What a rare sight.  "U-uh, I also want to thank you. If you weren't there, I would've passed out of exhaustion and Draken wouldn't be alive. So, I'm grateful...Hanagaki." You looked at Hanagaki as you speak his name.

 "Take care of that uniform" Hanagaki continued to hold the uniform while admiring it "This is Mikey-kun's...he gave this to me..that's heavy. Wonder if I could pull this look off?" He grinned at Ryuiji. "Go see him. He's probably napping up on the roof." The blonde talked to Hanagaki. 

"We're also leaving." Kei walked towards me and waited for me to get up. It still stings when I walk. I didn't wanna leave my seat yet "Hurry or do you want me to carry you again?". I stood up Immediately  and followed him. I took another look at Ryuiji before leaving "Take care, Y/n."

"What was that?" Ryuiji questioned his self after hearing Baji teasing Y/n.

We walked next to eachother. He looked serious, even earlier he looked serious. I wonder if something's wrong. Kei held my hand. I immediately looked at him but he still looked serious. That startled me. "Uhm.. Wanna go have a walk near the river?" He asked in a calm voice. My feet were slightly hurting but it was rare for him to ask "Sure." 

He didn't even talk. He just kept holding my hand as we walked not uttering a single word. I watched his expression the entire time. Kei looked serious. Though I wanted to ask him questions, I didn't. 

"Oh- uh... Let's sit by the river, I bet your feet are hurting." 

It was rather an uncomfortable silence, for me that is. I rested my face on my palm and continued observe my childhood friend. Kei was still wearing the bracelet from the festival, and so am I. It came to my mind that it actually felt like a couple bracelet instead of a friendship bracelet.

"Hey, Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"..."

"What is it? What's wrong?"

Kei rubbed his nape, he made a long pause before answering, the patch on your cheek and the bandages failing to hide with your socks rook his attention. At the same time he was reminded of Chifuyu's face also covered with bruises after the fight. He struggled to make anything up and went silent.

Fuck what was I thinking... Involving Chifuyu and Y/n to my plan? Screw you Keisuke. That's- that's absurd. "Forget about it... I was just gonna ask if your wounds got better?"

"Oh- Yeah. But my wounds still sting a bit." 

 "Wouldn't it be better for you to quit the gang?"

What. What was he talking about? Is he serious right now? I look at him. He had a pleading look in his face. His eyes were slightly glossy and he was holding my hand tightly. 

I furrowed my eyebrows to look at him. I was ready to tell him it was not a good joke when I saw the look in his face. Kei was serious. "I mean, you wouldn't get hurt anymore and you don't have to hide about our fights with aunt Aiko and your parents abroad." He sounded desperate.

 "What? You know toman is everything to me." 

"It's dangerous."

"I knew that from the start and I still joined. This gang is 

 "I know you're scared of Mikey." 

 "I am not." I protest.

"I'll be fine, as long as I have my friends. Especially you." A soft smile made his eyes wider as he looked directly to your eyes. His lips trembled as he thought about his new plan. 

"Y/n, you have to stand in your own feet. Act for yourself. What if I'm not around anymore." I furrowed my eyebrows and slightly punched his arm "K-kei, what's wrong with you?!" He chuckled and went silent, admiring your expression. 

A sad smile was carved on his face making you pause. "What's wro-" He pulled you into a hug and held you tightly. 

"What is it? What's wrong, Kei?" "Just this once..." Kei pleaded in a shaky voice. After hearing his response you relaxed and stayed. "...just this once, please." He repeated with a softer voice continuing to embrace your warmth.

"I am scared.." He whimpered as he burried his face on my neck.

I caressed his hair as we held eachother. 

"Don't let go."

"I won't. I'm here. I won't leave you."

There was definetely something wrong and I could tell. But one thing I couldn't tell was that was the last time we would speak to eachother.