☆~Chapter 23~☆

Hanagaki and I got out of Valhalla's hideout. I inhaled deeply and let out a long sigh. Hanagaki did the same as he held his chest "A-are you okay Y/n-san?" He asked turning to me. I huffed and nodded "Yes, I'm not hurt." Hanagaki looked troubled.

I'm fine. Probably. He looked at my wrists and held my hands to see them closer "They're covered with bruises." Hanagaki looked at me concerned. I quickly turned my head away from him. "I-i'm fine...really." I pulled my hands and turned red from embarrassment. He was still looking at me. I covered the lower half of my face. Hanagaki flinched and blushed.

"Ah!" I yelled. Hanagaki's eyes widened and turned to look at me "W-what is it!?" He panicked from the sudden yell. A sweatdrop formed on my forehead. Oh gosh, I was too nervous from the pressure that I completely forgot about him. I liked my lips before speaking, "Chifuyu." Hanagaki had a confused expression on his face. He said nothing and merely followed me. After searching for a while, we found Chifuyu.

The blonde was laying ontop of black trashbags filled with garbage. He was covered with bruises and blood. Chifuyu was panting heavily. The boy looked pitiful laying there, hurt. My eyes widened as I rised to him. Hanagaki followed me.

"The boy earlier!" He raised his voice from surprise. Good thing no one else is around. I pulled Chifuyu's hand to make him sit up while I support his back. His face rested on my left shoulder, his heavy breathing startled me making me cover my left ear. "Should we bring him to the hospital?" I shook my head and gave Chifuyu a piggyback ride "No it's fine, I'll just bring him to my apartment."

Hanagaki accompanied me to the apartment building. We exchanged goodbyes as I entered the apartment. It's a good thing, this apartment had an elevator, or else I'd die. Chifuyu was still unconscious on my back. We entered the elevator and I pressed the buttons trying not to let Chifuyu fall. It was only the two of us in the elevator so it was quiet. Chifuyu's breathing was the only thing I heard "Mmn..." Chifuyu groaned.

"Chifuyu? Are you awake?" I asked. There was no response. But I heard Chifuyu move. "Are you awake, Chifuyu?" I asked again. He panicked "Y-Y/N-SAN!?" He tried to get away from my back which made me stumble "Stay still or we'll both fall."

Ding*

I stepped out of the elevator and walked to my apartment "Um... Y/n-san, c-can you please let me down? I'm already awake." Chifuyu stuttered. Chifuyu was quite light. The door in my apartment was just a few steps away. "Hold on, we're close." Is the only thing i said to him.

He was silent the rest of the time. I opened the door and removed my shoes. Chifuyu sat on the sofa while I rummaged through my closet. I took the first aid kit and treated Chifuyu's wounds.

"I found you lying on the side of the road." Chifuyu's eyes twitched as I applied ointment on his bruises. A sweatdrop formed on his cheek. He looked away from me. This was awkward. We were silent the whole time, and Chifuyu kept avoiding my gaze. After patching him up, I stood up. Looking at the boy covered with bandages, I sighed. "What happened?" I asked. Chifuyu gazed at me. For a second he looked like he was about to cry.

Chifuyu sighed and looked away. He paused for a second and looked at me again. The boy was troubled. How did he even end up in Valhalla's hideout. Maybe, Kei is actually still talking to Chifuyu. Maybe Kei told him something. After a minute Chifuyu answered, "Some punks picked a fight with me, and I was outnumbered..." He spoke. Oh. He didn't know I saw him inside Valhalla's hideout. Did he really have to lie. "I-i see." Disappointed, I smiled bitterly. Closing the first aid kit, my apartment was silent.

While putting back the first aid kit inside the closet, Chifuyu stuttered "U-um.." I looked back and stared at him, awkwardly sitting on the sofa. Is he gonna leave. Should I say something? I close my closet and walked towards him. "It was actually Baji-san." He confessed. Chifuyu told me the truth. I wasn't surprised since I already knew. I remained silent "I-it was Baji-san who beat me up. Y/n-san, please help me find out what Baji-san is planning!"