Chapter 16 Chloe/Hawkeye Jr

"What now?" You ask somewhat panicked, the army swarms the city, and you guys are sitting ducks here.
Thor turns to you and flashes you a dashing smile, "as you on Midgard say, 'I will be lighting them up'!" His eyes glow blue, and sparks ripple up and down his arms, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.  Raising his hammer he summons lightening from the sky and takes out countless of the Chitauri at a time.
"He couldn't have done that sooner?"
"You took the words right out of my mouth Stark, he's been holding back." You shake your head, firing arrows into the sky catching stragglers from the portal. How many more can there be, seriously.
You know you need to get to higher ground in order to be the eyes in the sky, you give Tonys armour a playful kick to grab his attention, "I'm gonna need a lift." He turns his big iron head and looks at you, you don't need to see his face to know that he is grinning at you cheekily. Grabbing ahold of you and shooting off into the sky weaving in and out of buildings Tony grips you tight with one arm, making your heart skip a little, you are not completely unaware of the attention you have been getting from the males in the group, but this isn't the time or place.

You can hear Steve grunting through the comms as he battles on the ground, you have a nauseous feeling inside you at not being able to see him, but at least you can hear him.
"Turn them to ash Chloe, lets get these bastards," slightly taken back by Steves cursing, you shout back "you got it Cap!"
Tony drops you on-top of a skyscraper, not too far from Stark/Avengers tower, you have eyes on where the portal is being controlled from, "you got it from here squirt?" Tony patronises you.  "Seriously?" You reply sarcastically.
"Take that!" You fire an arrow right through the head of an alien that was just about to shoot Tony in the back, you keep going, one after the other firing on and on. The adrenaline pumping through your entire body, distracting you from your fear. Normally in a high stress situation like this you would have shut down, and started to itch, but this is exhilarating, like a drug in itself. Feeding your habit.
You take out 4 aliens with one arrow as it soars through each of their bodies stacking them like meat.
Tony whizzes in front of you firing at anything that moves "Fury wasn't lying about you kid!"
The portal still swirling above you continuously plays on your mind, its pushing your anxiety to the brink because you know if the control is broken, then then no more can get through, and things will be easier.
Almost as if Tony reads your minds he yells "We've gotta get that portal closed! They'll just keep comin!"
Looking at your holster, you see you only have 2 arrows left, you stomach does a flip because you know what you need to do.
"I can get to it, I'm out of ammo."
You walk backwards to the edge of the building and run forwards as fast as your legs will take you and leap onto the next landing on your knees, sliding along the concrete roof.  Just as you land you are attacked from the side, jumping up you trap its head between your legs, slipping your bow over and slicing its head from its neck like cheese wire. You grab your second last arrow and fire it into the chest of another oncoming attacker.
Tony is surrounded by a swarm of maybe eight aliens as they grab the feet of his armour, he struggles to fight them off, you kiss your last arrow and send it off soaring towards them sliding through each of their necks giving Tony a chance to fight off the rest. "Nice shot kid! Thanks for the help."

You take another huge leap off of this roof an onto one next to the tower, mid air you start to think you wont make it but your heels land, just. Almost losing your balance you tilt backwards slightly then lunge forward. No time to catch your breath you take another final leap towards the tower managing to slide in one of the open windows - breaking and entering was always one of your talents.
"Anyone else thinking we had the wrong Barton all along?" Tony chuckles over the comms.

***
Slowly you walk along the corridor where your bedroom lies, you sneak in quietly grabbing your knife and tucking it into a holster on your thigh.
You are completely on edge, hearing your heart pounding like a bass drum, your head whomping loudly in your ears as the deafening silence of the tower heightens your senses.
You catch a glance of yourself in a decorative mirror in the hall, you are grey with the dust of the destroyed city, cuts on your arms filled with it.  Blood coming from your ear, and lips is just superficial. You have all been quite lucky considering you have been enormously outnumbered.
Turning the corner to the large open planned kitchen area you see a tall slender man, with shoulder length black hair slicked back underneath a helmet with over the top gold horns, you assume this is The Loki because he is also dressed like he should be at a renaissance fair. His long dark forest green leather suit clings to his body, reinforcing evil and importance.
"Guys, The Loki is here." There is nothing but white noise, distracting and unsettling.  Fuck. You take out the ear piece and place it into a pocket on your vest.
The Loki is pacing the lounge floor proudly, you walk towards him, challengingly.
"I mean aside from the obvious daddy issues, whats your deal man?" He whips his head round, you startled him, already you have gained the upper hand. If you can distract him long enough then one of the others can close the portal and then you can deal with whats left behind.
As you walk towards The Loki, you see that he is not as slender as you thought, you can see the muscles underneath the thick leather. He looks you up and down, studying you, leering at you. Just keep him talking.
You throw your hands up, gesturing for an answer, it was a rhetorical question, you are deliberately trying to drag this out to give the guys more time, especially because now you have no clue as to whats going on out there. 
"You exhaust me you pathetic little girl," snorting at you like you are some sort of peasant,
You cackle back sarcastically "oh I'm pathetic?" You step behind the bar grabbing a bottle of bourbon, taking a swig and offering it out to him "you invaded an entire planet, why?" Taking another gulp before placing it back down on the bar you walk getting closer again, "all because your brothers got a bigger hammer." Exaggerating looking at his crotch.
He laughs maliciously as he swings his sceptre, flashing his emerald green eyes towards you, intimidating you. You gulp at having got his attention.
"Silly girl, you cannot fathom..." you cut him off mockingly with a false yawn and exaggerated stretch of the arms. You fold your arms and stare him down, "listen, I don't really have time for this." He furrows his brow, much to your amusement, "lets wrap this up shall we? Fuck off back through your portal, and me and my buddies wont kick your ass." He sniggers at you slowly walking to meet you, enticed by his demeanour you pause, stomach fluttering as he stares you down, you let out a quivering sigh.
He stands before you, looking down the scent of him filling your nostrils, leather and wood, he speaks quietly into your ear "do not dis respect me, I am a god you gibbering cunt." Taking a deep breath you step back slightly "seriously, there is no version of this where you come out on top." You laugh "you are going to lose." You feel like your entire body is shaking, because you are utterly terrified, your mouth is dry and you are pretty sure you haven't blinked since you arrived.
Unaware that you were backing away from The Loki until your back hit the corner of the bar, he walks to you aggressively "and when my army is finished ravishing your planet I'm going to enjoy making you watch as they tear your precious Avengers limb from limb." His voice echoes down to you core. Your body vibrates as he stands before you, pressing his sceptre into your hip,
"Is that a sceptre in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Sometimes you wish you would think before you speak, but you have never had total control over your words, or facial expressions.
He lifts you up by the throat, completely paralysed by fear you don't attempt to fight back, he pierces you with the sceptre stabbing you in the abdomen, it took you by surprise you really didn't think he had it in him, you assumed it was an act.
You gasp for air while his long fingers grasp your neck, the pain of the stab wound searing through your body, "so not happy to see me then?" Gasping again as you feel the warm gush of blood flow down from your abdomen to your leg, dripping the deep red onto the white marble.
Completely irritated with you, The Loki lifts you higher into the air, the murderous stare from his eyes piercing your soul, and launches you through the glass window of the tower.