The End

You knew it would go down like this. You had hoped it wouldn't have. But it did. Tony blasted steve across the room, Bucky tried to stop him.

You stood shouting for them to stop, firing pitiful bullets into the air. But they wouldn't listen. Instead your favourite people in the world were fighting right before your eyes. And someone was going to get killed.

"Please listen to me!" You scream, the strain on your vocal chords becoming more evident each time you yell.

Why wont they stop?

Sweat mixes with tears as you finalised the details of your next stupid decision. You run in front of Tony, but before he notices you he zips into the air knocking you on your ass.

Steve falls to the ground beside you, his ankles braced together with some super magnet. He struggles, but eventually breaks free.

"Steve..." You call out trying to bring him around to his usual level headed way of thinking. But he ignores you too.

Both Steve and Bucky race towards Tony, and somehow despite Tony's strength and armour. Two against one doesn't seem fair. That was until he blasts them away, swatting them like nothing more than annoying flys.

Pieces of the metal structure that had surrounded you begin to fly off, crashing to the ground around you. Sparks licking your legs.

You thought you heard someone call out your name, but when you looked for the voice you couldn't see anything. The room was getting smaller. And before you had the chance to figure out why, you are lying on your back. Crushed.

The gunfire and explosions stop and the dust begins to settle. You can't tell if this is really happening or if its one of your nightmares. Something about being trapped like this is oddly familiar. Its like drowning, but on the surface. Suffocating euphorically. You're not frightened, the opposite actually. Whatever is about to happen you welcome with an open heart.

Steve rushes to your side, "Help me!" He screams out. You smile up at him softly. Why is he so worried? Everything is fine.

Tony lands by your head lifting the pipe that encases your body, "On three!" He orders Bucky who you can see just at your feet.

"Hold on baby." Steve's grimy face becomes streaked with tears. You are holding on, but its hard. Painful. When you let yourself slip it feels more at home. Peaceful.

Pain desiccates your body as the final pieces of your tomb are tossed aside. You feel a warm trickle of something slip out of the corner of your mouth. Everything hurts now, Steve pulls you into his chest as you struggled to catch a breath. You want them to put you back.

Steve's there, crying. And then he disappears. But you can hear him sob. The thick kind, when you know that there is nothing left to do. A defeated sob. Helpless. Hopeless.

"Please don't leave me." His hoarse wail trails off.

Wet drips fall onto your eyes, and you see him again one last time.

"I love you." He chokes.

And you say it back. But not out loud because your lungs wont let you.

You loved Steve Rogers in life and in death.
Nothing could ever change that. Spending eternity in whatever afterlife you find yourself in will be filled with endless potent love. And who knows, maybe one day you'll meet again.

The End.

—————————

This was always how this story was supposed to end. Even though I said I wouldn't do it again.
For the alternative ending please find Baby Barton on tiktok and watch the last part

Thank you

I love you

The end.