Chapter 45 Steve Rogers

Chloe: I'll meet you outside Cap.
She sounds out of breath, like shes been crying.
Steve: Got you, I'm just heading into the elevator.

***
The doors to the elevator open, a wave of relief comes over you as its empty.
You walk in tall and strong, as soon as the doors close you stoop, exhaling enormously, the stresses of the past 48 hours taking their toll on you.

The elevator stops and the door opens, Rumlow and some of the STRIKE enter.  Forming a circle around you. The area feels heavy, like you are weighed down, you look around at the others, they stand emotionless, still, almost not breathing.
"Wheres your girl Cap?" Rumlow ask over his shoulder.
Of course he would ask about Chloe, he's got a fascination with her.
With a straight face, you reply "bathroom." He doesn't need any more information than that.
You try to remain calm, suppressing the urge to knock him out. How dare he ask about your Chloe. Fuck. 
Shes not your Chloe.
"She turned me down, just so you know." Rumlow holds his gaze as though waiting for a thank you.
He turns his head back, facing forward, you see a smug smirk spread across his face in the reflection of the doors. Prick.
Your eyes burrow their stare into the back of his head, trying your best to maintain your stern exterior but inside you are delighted that Chlo turned him down. Maybe there was still a chance for you after all.
You glance again at his reflection, the sleaze and sense of entitlement oozes from him. You cant keep your mouth shut any longer, not when it comes to Chloe, "shes got good taste you smirk back, bringing Rumlow down a peg.

You look around the elevator, you watch as beads of sweat form on one of the STRIKE team members forehead, looking across at another member as he grips his gun instinctively, in preparation.
Something isn't right...
DING!
The elevator opens again, 3 anodises enter surrounding you. You notice Rumlow giving them glances, almost speaking to them telepathically.
You look down at your fists, and let out a steadying sigh.
"Before we begin, does anyone wanna get out?" Asking threateningly.
Before you can let out your next breath, adonis one pins you to the wall, you block his massive fist with yours, taking your elbow and cracking his jaw.  He drops to the floor in a heap.
Rumlow run towards you ready to rip off your face. Kicking his legs you swipe him to the ground. You take a fist to the gut, unsure who it came from.
You rip the shield from your back and in a whirlwind of blood and the chaos of punches you lose grip of it as it thuds on the ground spinning.
Rumlow smiles, as you are pinned again. He takes his taser jabbing you with it, underestimating your super soldier strength, as it fails.

Chloe: Whats taking you so long Rogers? I'm outside!
Steve: I'm Busy!

You continue to battle with STRIKE taking and throwing punches. You look down at the heap of unconscious bodies, saving the best for last.
Rumlow stands in front of you, a cattle prod in each hand, a glimmer of fear peeks out of his face.
He holds up his hands defensively, "okay big guy, just know, this isn't personal."
Rumlow spins taking an aggressive swipe at you. You block each one, holding his wrists tight pulling him forward and head butting him trying to drop him.

Chloe: Jesus Cap! Can you move your ass, I'm  starving!

Rumlow takes the cattle prod and shoves it into your gut, your entire body tensing with the searing pain, anger erupts inside of you, grabbing Rumlows entire body you throw him up to the ceiling of the elevator, he lands flat on his face, you take your boot and connect it with his head knocking him on conscious.
"I don't know, kinda feels personal." You pant trying to catch your breath.
You stand in the middle of ten unconscious bodies, realising that Pierce never intended for you and Chloe to leave the building alive.
Fuck.
Chloe.

Steve: Barton?
Chloe: Cap?