Chapter 70 Natasha Romanoff

Sam swings his arms around Rumlows neck pulling him down and kneeing him in the face, his nose exploding, blood trickles down into his mouth.
"I told you I go this!" He shrieks as Rumlow charges towards him fists raised ready to deflect the incoming swing of Sams arm.
Rumlow grabs his wrists pulling Sam into him and crashing their skulls together.
You are fighting every urge not to join the fight and help Sam, but in reality he's pretty much got the upper hand. Besides, you look across at Chloe who stands leaning against the door frame shaking like a leaf, you've got bigger things to worry about.
"Sam, I gotta get Chloe to her brothers. You sure you got this."
Chloe whips her head up at the sound of her name, she stands up straight edging towards Rumlow as though she just realised he's here.
"Don't use me as an excuse to leave Nat, I can join the fight." She glares at him, hatred pulsing in her eyes.
Rumlows raspy laugh echoes through the empty conference room he bends over slapping his knees, "you fight? C'mon Barton, look at you. Junkie." He spits blood onto the carpet.
He's a dick, but he's right. Chloe is in no fit state to do anything other than go home and begin detoxing.
You turn to look at her, her blonde hair is greasy with sweat and hangs untidily by her face, which is dirty except from where her tears have left trails on her cheeks. Her big blue eyes are glassed over her pupils huge as she takes everything in. She tilts her head, a sadistic smile creeps out of the corner of her mouth.
Something in her snaps she lunges forward, "I can still kick your fucking ass."
She's going for blood, but in this incoherent state, she'd lose.
You grab her arms pinning them behind her back, restraining her from attacking him. Although he deserves it.
Sam walks backwards towards you, "get her out of here." He hisses.
He's right, you have to go.
Chloe fights as hard as she can against you as she is pulled backwards out the door.
"Sam...where is he?" Chloe cries out in pain.
Fuck.
You'd hoped that if he wasn't mentioned then she'd forget about him until we got home.
Rumlow lays his boot into Sams stomach forcing him to the ground.
He looks into Chloe's eyes, "Cap? Caps probably dead by now." An evil smile sweeps across his face as he raises his foot off the ground ready to land another kick to Sams gut.
Steves not dead.
He just isn't.
But she doesn't know that.
You hold onto Chloe as tightly as you can, she squirms in your arms wailing as she tries to wriggle away from your grip.
"Chloe, you gotta hold it together. He's fine."
Rumlow circles you his gaze never leaving Chloes, "even if he is alive, you think he is gonna want you now, a crack head for a girl friend?" He smirks, pressing every single one of Chloes buttons.
Get up Sam you need him to get up and finish Rumlow, because you don't know how much longer you can restrain Chloe, or yourself.
"Lets get you home, and get you sober Chlo. Steves fine." You attempt one last time to reassure her, and it might have worked. She stops wriggling so you release her slowly and she turns round to you.
Her eyes are wide with worry and her lip trembles, shes in pain. So much pain.
You purse your lips trying to choke back sympathetic tears.
"He's right Nat, but I have to find him. I have to help him." Her voice is frighteningly calm.
"Chloe, sweetie y...you're high."
"Done some of my best work high." She flickers a self deprecating smile at you.
Shit.
Clint will never forgive you if you let her go, you'll never forgive yourself.
But if anything happens to Steve...
But if anything happens to Chloe.
What do you do here?
Is there a right or wrong answer?
Chloe turns to the door, you grab her wrist instinctively.
"Nat. If you don't let me go I'm going to put you on your fucking ass."
And you believe her.
You release her wrist, and without hesitation she frantically runs off to find Steve.
"I'll be seeing you Chloe!" Rumlow shouts after her.
No you wont, you take your baton swinging it towards him.