Chapter 28 Steve

You agree to a drink with Chloe, not confusing it with a date this time. She sends you so many mixed signals, you can't tell whether you're coming or going with her. Though you hate to admit it, Natasha is right, Chloe has had a lot of trauma in her life, she deserves to live a little, and if you are truly meant to be together, she'll come back to you.
You'd be lying if you didn't say that you were hurt when she turned you down, but she knocked back Tony as well after they had a kiss on the roof, you wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't seen it with your own eyes, its good to know it wasn't personal, and if it is because she doesn't have feelings for you, then so be it. You can want her from a distance.

***

You both stumble out of this same shitty bar where you had your first date, Chloe is pretty drunk, though not as drunk as she was then.
The moonlight bounces off her blonde hair, that hangs by her face, one side tucked behind her ear, you never noticed that she had piercings all the way up her lobe. They must be new, because you are about 99% sure you nibbled on them during your sexual encounter.
Snap out of it!
"I told you Chlo, you cannot out drink a super soldier!" You laugh as she grabs your arm twirling herself under and over, "didn't you learn your lesson last time," you were trying to go the whole evening without mentioning 'last time' but it just slipped out.
Chloe scolds you playfully for bringing it up, it takes every ounce of your super soldier strength not to grab her and fuck her in an alley, but you compose yourself. Why does she have to look so good? Big blue eyes, long fluttering eyelashes which, at closer inspection you realise are extensions, this melts your heart, because although shes 'one of the guys' she still behaves like a girl, finding that little bit of vanity endearing. 
She starts to sing loudly, and not very well, between laughing at her you press your finger to her lips to shh her.
"You are such an asshole!" She sings hilariously "this was your plan all along!" Putting her arms out she begins to spin, falling on her backside letting out the cutest little "ow" sound.
You slide your forearms under her armpits and lift her up, checking to see if she can stand, which she can, barely.
She leans in on her tiptoes and whispers in your ear "This is all your fault Cap." Her hot breath stirs something inside your trousers, you quickly try to think about something else, "you invited me out remember," you laugh as you walk away, fixing yourself. 
Change the subject, change the subject!
"Chlo," you say sternly, trying to alter the tone of the night.
"Uh oh!" Chloe mockingly stands to attention, "why so serious Cap?" She boops your nose.
Fucking hell, make this harder why don't you.
"Listen, we did more drinking than talking." Your eyes meet hers.
"Clearly!" She spins again pointing to herself.
She better pack that in or shes going to vomit, or worse fall and break something. You grab her shoulders stopping her.
"For what its worth Chloe, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being a dick." She must have sensed the sincerity in your voice because she meets you with a soft smile, touching your cheek with her soft hand.
"I did warn you Steve, I told you from the beginning." She counters, which is true, you just thought she was trying to be coy.
Resisting the urge to lift her and scream 'I want to love you!!' You continue walking down the cobbled street, watching her every move anticipating her falling over, ready to protect her.
"I wanted more Chloe, and thats on me not you, and for that I am deeply sorry!"
She does a fake over exaggerated yawn, "boring!" She yells.
She starts to shout again, "I want to be FREE!!"
Someone from a window in the apartment building shouts back "shut the fuck up!" She flips them off, both of you burst into a fit of cackling laughter, she continues to shout "I want to have casual sex! And lots of it!"
Someone from a bar replies with "I'm over here baby!"
She starts to walk towards them, you steer her away laughing "okay Barton, thats enough shouting or I'll have to call your brother."
She looks at you, straight faced, eyes wide, "Oohh don't do that! He'd be piiiiiiiissed." She starts to walk ahead then comes stumbling back pointing her finger in the air "Clint Francis Barton is a killer of joy you know."
You nod, laughing at her again.  What a funny little drunk she is.
Don't kiss her, don't kiss her.

"He wouldn't like me like this, and guess what Steve..." still talking about Clint she pulls you down to stoop to her level, she whispers seriously in your ear again "I want to be a slut," you force yourself to laugh, because if you don't do something that isn't kissing her, you'll die.

Chloe goes into a trance, strolling down the street, you watch her trying to walk in a straight line, without any sort of warning she does a backflip, and lands in Natasha famous Black Widow pose.

Oh for fucks sake.

You run and grab her, slinging her over your shoulder "Okay," you playfully slap her bottom "home time...friends?" She is silent, having fallen asleep, "Chlo, you good?" Giving her a little shake.
She makes a little sleepy groan,
"Friends, Rogers."