Chapter 55 Steve Rogers/Chloe Barton/Sam Wilson

Sam -

"Who is this?" Sitwell answers your call, standing outside the restaurant, anxiously looking around.

You sit at the quaint little bistro table, raising your hand to give him a little wave, "handsome guy in the glasses to your left." You snigger to yourself as you see the frantic panic wash over him. He doesn't know you, thats why you were picked, right now you're a nobody. Which suits you, because being a somebody seems like a whole lotta difficult shit, that being said its an honour to be working along side Captain America, Black Widow and whatever the tall blonde calls herself. Nat calls her Baby Barton, but you'll just stick with Chloe, because calling her 'Baby' is weird.

Sitwell waves to his security ready to alert them to a possible threat, "what do you want?" He whispers to you through the cell, he ushers them to come to his aid.

-on comms-
Chloe: I've got eyes on, ready when you are Birdman.

"You and I are gonna take a walk," You hold up your takeout coffee cup and use it to gesture to the alley at the side of the restaurant. Sitwell turns to his guard, with the phone still pressed against his ear, "uh uh...I wouldn't do that if I were you," You assert sternly, "thats an awfully nice tie, I would hate to see it ruined."
As Sitwell looks down at his tie, Chloe has turned on the laser from her gun, the red dot of death graces his navy silk tie. He snaps his head up in fear, frantically trying to pin point the snipers location.

***

Steve -

Grabbing Sitwell by the scruff of the neck you launch him through the roof top door, he falls to the ground in a pathetic heap, scrambling to his feet as you, Chloe and Nat back him to the roofs edge.
"Tell me about what HYDRA is planning!" You bellow, trying to incite more fear into him.
Chloe and Nat stand either side of you, Chloe's arms folded irritatingly popping gum, while Nat has one hand on her weapon and the other impressively texting on her cell.
Sitwell manages to stand, his hands shaking with terror as he straightens his round glasses on his face.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" His voice quivers, eyes flitting from side to side.
"I call bullshit! Who fired that missile?" Chloe squares up to him, fist clenched ready to take a swing.
You love this side of her, feisty. When she gets going she can wear any one down, but right now is not the time for personal vendettas, or whatever has happened between Chloe and Sharon Carter.
Chloe sneers at Sitwell as she stamps her foot menacingly in his direction, causing him to stumble backwards almost tumbling off the edge of the building.
You grab him by the chest of his suit, lifting him so his pathetic face meets yours, "they are looking for you, all of you." He looks around at the three of you, "you're all dead you know that."
Chloe steps forward, leaning into your ear, "please, please let me fucking kill him Steve. You know I hate the baldy bastard."
Sitwell smirks at Chloe, almost as though he has something planned, his seedy look riles you and awakens your overprotective feelings towards her.
Out of rage you tip him, causing him to lose his balance, "you're not gonna push me, its not your style." He laughs in your face.
Your mouth falls into an eery smile, as you set him down firmly on the ground, dusting off his jacket, "you're right...its hers."

Chloe -

You raise your long powerful leg and boot Sitwell in the stomach, he flies over the edge pitifully screaming as he free-falls through the air.
You turn to Steve, ready to speak, "if you ask about food Chlo, I'm gonna throw myself over the edge." He interrupts you before you can ask.
"How did you...? Never mind..." you look down defeatedly at you scuffed boots.

"Drop something Chloe?" Sam flies above you dropping Sitwell in a heap at your feet.
"I did actually...a bag of shit." You say walking towards Sitwell as he tries to make a break for it, a hole in the knee of his expensive suit dripping with blood.
Sam turns to look at you, retracting his wings into the compact back pack, sliding the goggles to the top of his head.
"Anything else I can get you?" He asks politely.
"Just the car tweety bird. He's coming with us." You flash him a cheeky smile, he returns it with a knowing smile.
You kneel by Sitwell instinctively assessing his small superficial wounds, Nat storms towards him.
Oh shit.
He's really in for a rough time now.
"Good luck buddy." You chuckle, patting him on the shoulder.
Nat charges to him, placing her foot on his chest pinning him to the ground, Sitwell lets out a whimper of fear as she increases the pressure, "you're going to tell us everything, or she's going to kick you off the roof again," she presses harder still as he groans in agony, "this time your brains will decorate the sidewalk." Her voice violent.
Steve reaches down, ready to pick him up and drag him to the edge. Sitwell manages to kneel, holding his hand up in surrender, "ALRIGHT!" He yells in protest, "its a programme designed to select and eliminate anyone who poses a threat to HYDRA. Billions at a time."
Your heart drops into your stomach, Steves face goes from threatening to worrisome in an instant, and then back again.
"Who?" You shout, a hint of fear ripples from your lips, "WHO?" Repeating until he answers.

"All of you... and a million more like you." Sitwell answers, tears forming in his eyes.
Nat begins frantically searching Sitwell's pockets, unsure of what exactly she is looking for.
Steve looks at you, his lips pursed in concentration, thinking the exact same thing as you.

'Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.'