Chapter 23 Tony Stark & Chloe Barton

"J.A.R.V.I.S, preparing to land. This one is cold, and thrusters are jumpy. Hope I can stick the landing."
You begin to bounce up and down as you attempt to land on the roof, thrusters sending you all over the place.
"Sir, please be aware Miss Barton is on the roof, shall I announce your arrival?"
A glimmer of mischievousness comes across you, "No."
You watch her standing on the roof for a minute, its dark so you cant see her face, which is a shame because she has a very nice face. From the first time you saw her, well after you blew her 6 ways from Sunday, you were drawn to her. Finding her insolence attractive, her language offensive yet captivating, she gives off the allusion of not giving a fuck, but you see deeper than the surface, which makes her more charming to you. This irks you, because you could have literally any woman in the world, but you want Chloe, the 21 year old ex con. Thats rude, don't call her that.
How do you deal with this? She is like the forbidden fruit, she is not only your colleagues sister, but the kid sister of one of your closest friends. So thats what you call her, 'kid'. Calling her that reminds you that she is off limits.
Rogers has been having a fling with her, but you haven't seen them together in a week or so, you were enjoying teasing him about it. It's frustrating, Steve Rogers is over 90 years old, yet the old man was able to make a move on Chloe, and you weren't, but as you told Steve himself, you have more respect for Clint.
Rogers and Romanoff have been off on a mission with Fury for the last week, with no one around Chloe's days have been spent intently watching the live security footage of Loki in his cell, you don't understand why.  Maybe she feels she has something in common with him.
Which brings you to the final reason you try to keep your feelings to yourself. Chloe was messed up, she was a child addict spending the last 5 years locked away in a prison cell, not having lived any life, maturing on her own, kept away from life outside. Her mind tortured by her demons, she tries her best to up a curtain of protection, but you see through it, everyone does. She isn't as strong as she might think she is.
"J, I'm gonna go ahead and zoom down, scare the shit out of Barton. Activate thruster silencers."

Chloe

After a day of spectating Loki you decide to take in some fresh air up on the roof, reflecting about what you watcbed. You are totally aware how wholly inappropriate and violating it is to watch him on camera all day, studying his every move captivated and fascinated by him. However, he did stab and launch you out of a window so tough luck.

Looking out across the New York city skyline, you ponder, what it is like on Asgard, do they have stars? Its been such long time since you seen them, New Yorks constant haze of light and pollution blocks them out, the stars are never strong enough to push through. Its nice up here, the air is crisper than the density of the streets.
You wonder if Loki is missing anything whilst being locked up, its a stupid question, of course he is. You recall the things you missed when being locked up, not having music affected you the most.
You have a little flashback of writing 'Fleetwood Mac Rumours LP' in Steves book, and your heart sinks a little.
You haven't heard from Steve since you knocked him back, he's probably off somewhere licking his wounds, except thats not his style, he's off somewhere saving the world, being the good guy because he is truly the best type of human being there is.
Closing your eyes, feeling remorseful you take a deep breath of air into your lungs, calm and soothing.

Tony

"HOLY shit Chloe, I didn't see you there," you lie almost landing on top of her deliberately startling her.
She looks effortlessly stunning as she spins round rapidly, instantly in fight mode fists up ready to punch, realising its you she drops her fists and puts her hands on her hips, her mouth settled into a straight line "what the fuck Tony!" She throws her hands up, then settles them back on her hip again "you almost crushed me!".
She stands waiting for your to retort, her brows raised.  You look down on her, your suit makes you a heck of a lot taller than her, but usually you are about the same height. Towering above her makes her sexier, you wish you could grab her, but it wouldn't be right.
"I'm sorry kid, still trying to work out the kinks on this new suit," which is half of the truth.
She shakes her head and lets out a little laugh, kicking your leg with her trainer. Its that type of little thing that makes you go crazy.
You take a little step back from her, she looks so fucking good. You try to think up of an excuse to ask her for a drink, not that she'd ever say no, Chloe loves to drink, but you don't want to lead yourself on, it can never happen.
She unties her hair from its loose pony tail and flips her head upside down and wraps it back into a bun, making you go insane.
She purses her rosebud lips at you "you know Stark, you have to stop calling me kid," uh oh, shes on to you "its weird, I'm an adult remember." Oh you remember. Wait. Is she coming on to you? No surely not.
Fuck it! Whats the worst that can happen? Maybe she'll want you to! Maybe you'll realise its just curiosity, and you will both be back in the friend zone.
Just do it.
"You're right, you are an adult." You walk slowly towards her, face exposed but body still contained inside the armour. Confidence oozing from the smirk peeking from your mouth.
Chloe looks out at the city, you continue to walk towards her "Thank you." She sighs back at you, looking out of the corner of her eye, confused she whips her body round to face you again "wait... what is happening?"

Chloe

Tony walks enticingly, edging closer to you.  What is he doing? You sense something more is happening, butterflies begin leaping around in your stomach, your heart beats fast and palms begin to sweat.
This is Tony Stark, what is he doing... is he... he can't be...
Is he coming on to you?  Would this be something you would want?
Maybe.
"I'm going to kiss you, is that weird?" He's getting closer, every clunk of his suit as he walks beats hard, in sync with your heart, which feels like it is going to burst through your chest.
Your mind quickly jumps to Steve, would this be the ultimate betrayal? You're not saying you want to have a relationship with Tony, but a kiss would be okay, surely.  Steve doesn't own you. No one does, you are free.
"Its only weird if you keep calling me kid." Deciding to accept his advances.
You have to do whats right for you, and you have a whole lot of mistakes to make in regards to relationships, you should be enjoying yourself.
The city lights twinkle, and a cheeky grin spreads across Tonys face, he looks around comically "are you absolutely positive that your brother isn't hiding in some nest somewhere, waiting to shoot me?" You laugh, finding his humour charming, such a player.
The anticipation is killing you, leaning towards him you look up into his eyes "positive."

Taking both of his hands out from the suit he gently grabs your face, kissing you softly, your tongues gliding peacefully against one another, lingering for just a moment. He takes a small step back pulling his face away from yours, tilting his head to the side a look of confusion creeping out "weird?"
You smile, contently back at him "yeah, totally fucking weird," you tell the truth, because it was.
It was a beautiful kiss, but there was no 'spark' no feelings, and any curiosity was squashed right there and then.
"Go back to calling me kid."
He laughs and gives you light slap on the back.
Refreshingly, there was no awkward feelings. You walk together into the tower, beginning to discuss the problems with the new suit. The kiss totally forgotten about, like it never happened.
Thats when you knew you had a friend for life in Tony.

Tony
Absolutely fucking weird. Wont happen again.