Chapter 112 Chloe Barton & Steve Rogers

"Ah the blushing bride is back!" Tony skips towards you thrusting a glass of champagne in your hand, "how was the honeymoon?"
It's so good to see him again, you've missed him. Not that you'll ever admit it to his face.
"Cut the shit, it was just a vacation."
"For two months?"
You shrug your shoulders, "we needed a break, from you."
"Its good to have you back, Chlo." He leans in pecking you on the cheek.

You nod and smile, pretending that its good to be back. When in reality you could have stayed away forever. Steve felt the same, but he is too golden to say it out loud. The perfect soldier. In every way.
The way he walked out of the ocean, his flawlessly tanned body glistening in the sun. The way he pushed back his long wet hair. It made you squeeze your thighs together.

Tony pokes your ribs, disturbing your wet daydream.
"You're coming to my engagement party tonight, right?"
Sam had filled you and Steve in, you knew it wouldn't be long before he asked Pepper to marry him. They were inseparable from the moment they met.
"Sorry, I'm washing my hair tonight." You joke.
Of course you'll be there. After all, Tony is the first person to ever take a chance on you, the least you could do is get wasted at his engagement party.

Maybe one day you'll have one of your own.
Stop it.

Later that night...

Clint hands you a beer, taking off his black leather jacket and hanging it on the back of your chair, "Whats this talk of a honeymoon?" He grumbles, a deep crease forming between his brows.
You look across the party to the bar where Tony and Thor stand giggling like school girls.
"If you believe a word that comes out of Tony Starks mouth, then you're dumber than you look." You shake your head, flipping off Tony.

Clint follows your gaze as it settles on Steve playing pool with, Sam. You can't help bite your lip, he looks so damn good.
"Oh god," Clint mumbles, his lip curling in disgust, "quit looking at him like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you've seen him naked." Clint gulps his beer, shuddering uncomfortably.

"I hate to break it to you big brother but..."

"Please, Chloe. For my sanity...just stop."

Steve

You set up your pool cue readying to pot a ball, "aw damn!" You chuckle missing the shot.
"You owe me twenty dollars, pay up big man." Sam gestures with his hand, you reluctantly slap the money into his hand.
You snap your head up, the sound of Chloe's infectious, borderline dirty laugh carrying itself across the party.
When you eyes lock in with hers you send her a wink.

Chloe

Thor pulls you in for a warm hug lifting your feet off the ground, "hey big guy." You pat him on the back.

Tony hands every one a glass of champagne, "Thor, have you heard about Chloe's vacation?" He wiggles his eyebrows, "don't you think she has a certain glow about her?" He sparkles his hand over your face.
You grab his hand, pushing it away from you.
"Stark, I'm gonna put you on your ass. Seriously."
Thor nods his head throwing his arm across your shoulder, "that I would very much like to see." You rest your head on his shoulder.
Moments like this make you thankful for this random bunch of super-humans you  have the beauty of calling family.

Steve

Watching Chloe smile as widely as she has tonight means more to you than anything. She amazes you. She has come so far in such a short space of time, yet nothing fazes her.  She's stronger than all of you.

"You happy man?" Sam slaps you on the back.

"Incredibly, I didn't think I would ever feel like this." And that was the whole truth.
The way he felt about Chloe couldn't be explained.
She was everything to him.
He wouldn't risk losing her, not again.
Sam sniggers at his friends lovesick glossy eyes, "don't fuck it up this time."

"Believe me, I wont."

Chloe

Steve wraps his hand around your waist, "Hi." He presses his lips against your cheek, but you long for more. So you begin devising a plan to assault him later in a quiet corner.

Thor tops up his champagne with his favourite ancient little flask, you've only ever tried it once with Bucky but you weren't in the right frame of mind to deal with that level of drunkenness.

"Thor! Let me try some more of that Asgardian shit."
You hold out your glass.
Thor looks at Steve for permission to get you absolutely wasted.
"Go ahead." Steve shrugs, "I'm not the boss of her."
Thor smirks, "alright Baby Barton, it's very strong. The longer it sits in the flask the more potent it becomes."
He puts a few drops into your glass, you throw it back emptying the whole contents into your mouth like a shot.
The bitter sting hitching your breath, "fuck yes." You pant.
Steves mouth twists into an adorable smile, enthralled by every single thing you do.
You turn yourself to face him, "take me to bed or lose me forever!" 
"Alright, Goose. Lets get a cab." Steve pulls your jittery frame into his.