Chapter 30 Chloe

— 2 weeks later —

Bouncing into Lokis cell pony tail swinging, you present him with a tray of danish pastries.
"Morning Loki!" You beam at him, setting the pastries down on the table, Loki turns to look at you receiving you warmly with a lingering smile.
"Good morning Chloe, and how are we today?" He jests your chipper mood.

You have had the most wonderful two weeks, having never felt more accepted by someone in your life. You have learned so much from Loki, his wise words have rid you of so much self loathing, 'no one good is ever truly good and no one bad is ever truly bad.' Never a truer word spoken.
Admittedly you have fallen for him, only a little bit, though you will never let it be known, he is after all a prisoner, and what kind of life would you have together? Not only this, you are still caught between your feelings for Steve. You are a mess, what could you offer any one anyway.
"So, did you finish reading Catcher In The Rye?" You gave him your copy of your favourite book, hoping that he would love it as much as you. Would he understand it though?
Loki smiles at you again, and tucks his slick black hair behind his ears, and opens the book to a page he has earmarked "I think that one of these days...you're going to have to find out where you want to go. And then you've got to start going there." He quotes to you, almost as if he can see into your soul, knowing the civil war thats going on with your feelings just now.
The way he quoted that to you made you melt into a puddle. Holy fuck. Why wont he just kiss you?

Should you just kiss him?  Snap out of it Chloe! You can't go around kissing every man you come across. Can you?

Loki steps towards you, and out of habit you take a little step back, trying to do anything but be captivated by his forest eyes, you look around the cell trying to focus on something else, but there's something missing, you walk around confused...
"I must say Chloe, I found your book rather depressing," he tries to catch your gaze as you look around more frantically by the second, "Chloe, what are you looking at?" Confused he tries to grab your arm to stop you, you pull it away.
"Whats different in here?" You question abruptly, unable to put your finger on why the cell looks so different, just as you are about to ask him to remove the illusion he does a small spin, and calmly and almost cheerily states "Ahhh, my books are gone. I'm leaving tomorrow."
Feeling like someone removed all the oxygen from the room whilst simultaneously pulling out a rug from underneath you Loki continues "I'm to be imprisoned on Asgard, finally."
Finally? Fucking 'finally'? How can he be so happy about this, unable to be happy for him you fall to your knees "what?" Shocked, and slightly dazed you struggle to remove the selfish tone from your voice "I thought we'd have more time!"
More time, Loki has been locked up on Earth for 4 weeks. In this time you have managed to fall completely head over heels for a man you barely know, a murderer, the man who stabbed you and threw you out of a window.  Whats the opposite of Stockholm syndrome? Because whatever it is, thats what you have.
You try your best not to show your true feelings, though you are not doing a very good job.
"You are free of me," he spins his hand royally "you need pity me no longer."
Well he can cut the self deprecating shit! How can he for a minute think that you have been pitying him this whole time? Is he blind, does he not feel the same way?
What the fucking fuck!?
Immediately you reply "I don't pity you Loki," you want to tell him you love him, but something inside you stops, because until you are one hundred percent sure that you do love someone, you wont ever say the words "I...I...I like you, Loki. Really like you." Feeling like a teenager you blush, sitting on his bed trying to gather your thoughts and feelings as your wall of protection crumbles around you.

He kneels down in front of you, wiping away the lone tear that you weren't aware had escaped from your eye, he clasps your face between his hands and stares into your big ocean eyes, just when you are about to push him away, he pulls you back in.
Trying to avoid looking at him, he pulls you into a loving embrace, accepting him, you whisper  "can I come back tonight?"