Chapter 35 Chloe's intermission

After the shit show that you call the 'ship mission' tensions have been running high with Steve and Fury and none of them will tell you what the fuck is going on. Nat who is one of SHIELDS most valued assets was sent away on another mission almost instantly. Tony has been busy he has a new squeeze, her name is Pepper, which is a stupid name, but she seems nice.

The night after the mission you invited Rumlow to come with you, Nat and Steve for dinner, only because he was hanging around you and you felt obligated. Steve made an excuse and left early, which pissed you off because you wanted to spend time with him, Rumlow was being creepy, you could have used Steve there.

Its times like this, times when you are idle, nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs, you begin to surge with cravings, legs jumping all over the place, breathing deeply trying to subdue the crippling voice that tells you 'one hit and thats it'. Its never one hit, its a slippery slippery slope.

Lying on top of your bed you close your eyes, drifting off into a restless slumber. You have had this dream a million times, watching 15 year old Chloe stumbling around aimlessly trying to score some drugs. Is it a dream, or is it a memory?
This night, this is the night you prostituted yourself for heroin, the heroin that killed Cameron. You scream trying to stop yourself from making the same fateful mistakes.
Walking towards, legs heavy unable to move, like moving through deep water. You try to reach her as she is begged by her crying boyfriend to strip off, she unwillingly allows an adult drug dealer to assault her for the sake of drugs. You run, but get nowhere, you scream but are silenced. Unable to close your eyes as though they are kept open with pins, you are forced to watch, eyes pulled towards the scene no matter where you try to look. This memory scorched in your mind forever. Trying to slap yourself, trying to wake up. You do not need to relive this whilst sleeping, you relive this in your memory every minute of every day.
The moment is over, you look at her cold and naked knees brought to her chest rocking back and forth as a bag of brown is thrown to her, worthless and alone.
You fall to your knees wailing, as you have done every night before, knowing you'll be allowed to wake up from this horrifying paralysis any moment now.
Not this time, this time you hear footsteps, you look up at her, and she is being given a jacket, bodies lie around her, each with an arrow in the chest. You see him, Clint.  Carrying her away as she sobs in his arms. 
He turns to you.
"Its okay, you can wake up now."