Chapter 100 Chloe Barton...the end of the night

It's the end of the night, most of the guests have left leaving a few of you stragglers sitting around the lounge area, mjolnir rests on the glass coffee table in the middle of the cushions and soft padded cuddle chairs.

You sit on the floor next to Clint as he spins a drum stick around, "its a trick man." He shakes his head at Thor, "c'mon its a trick."

"Oh no arrow man, its much more than that." Thor counters handing off some more Asgardian liquor to Steve who's eyes stay cast away from yours.  

"Whosoever, be he worthy, shall have-ith the power", whatever man! It's a trick!"

You cover your mouth hiding your laugh, drunk Clint might just be your favourite.

"It is more than that, my friend!" Thor offers you the flask next but you wave your hand dismissing it.

Sharon steps out from the bathroom, sashaying across the floor to sit at Steves feet on a aubergine coloured cushion. She leans against his legs but his arms remain folded across his body.

You had hoped she had gone home, but when you ever get what you want.

"Please be my guest." Thor invites Clint to try and lift the hammer from the table, he's such a dork! There is no way. No way at all.
He looks at you smugly, "no judgement brother, I know you're a little outta shape." You pat his stomach as he slips past you.
Narrowing his eyes at the group he grips the handle tightly, the veins in his neck and forehead protruding violently, but still the hammer doesn't budge, not a millimetre.
He tuts, cheeks flushing a little from the strain and possibly embarrassment, "tsk...I still don't get it!"

You let out a hearty laugh swaying to the side, slapping Thor on the knee, "better luck next time big brother!"
Steves eyes flash up at your amusement a flickering smile twitches on his lips. Sending you a soft expression, it confuses you.
You elbow your brother as he takes his seat next to you sipping his beer, "by all means Chlo, have a go!"

Before you could even protest Sharon Carter lets out a sarcastic snigger, "do you think thats wise?" She smirks at you, her eyes drawing you up and down menacingly, raising an eyebrow at the others.
"Whats that supposed to mean?" You growl, glaring at her.
If looks could kill she'd be six feet under by now.
She had been waiting for the perfect moment to pick on you, and the horrible bitch waited until you were settled. She just couldn't leave you be.
After everything she was still a cunt.
You hadn't realised you were gravitating towards her fists clenched until Steve stood in front of you arms out protectingly.
Protecting who though?

"Whats going on?" He hushes into your ear.
Sharon leans over his shoulder getting into your face, "shes high! Look at her!" She yells face red with anger.
You throw your head back and laugh, "Oh please Sharon keep going, I have been looking for a reason to kick the shit out of you." You seethe through your teeth trying to break through Steves barricade.
"What the hell is going on?" Steve grits down at you placing his large hands on your shoulders, "talk to me." He pleads.

You feel Bucky's cool hand on the small of your back, "Chloe tell them...if you don't I will." He whispers into your ear.
Steve's eyes cast around the room before locking in to your, "tell us what? What's going on Chlo?"
Your eyes fill with tears, you can't tell him. You can't tell anyone. Partly because you don't want to relive it and also because you weren't strong enough to fight for yourself.
You tear your eyes away from Steve and search for the answers in Bucky's.
You can't do it.
So Bucky does it for you, "Sharon was working with HYDRA, she had Chloe abducted had The Winter Soldier, me inject her and torture her." He pulls you under his arm tightly comforting you, "it was her."

Sharon rolls her eyes, "oh god yeah, sure it was. C'mon Steve take me home." She snakes her arm in his, but he pulls himself free.
Bucky shoves her up against a glass wall leaning into her intimidatingly, "you're not going anywhere."  He grits through his teeth.

To be continued....