Chapter 117 Chloe Barton

"Sam...you see that van?"

"On it, Cap." Sam releases his annoying little winged robotic pal into the air, it attaches itself to the underside of a huge van heading towards the IFID centre.

"The thing is loaded. Maximum weight, heavily armoured, the guards are packing too."

"Shit." You grit.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha confirms.

"What now?" You ask, heart thudding. You haven't been back in the field since your fight with Bucky. If you can even call it that.

Fuck. What if someone gets hurt because of you, what if you get hurt. Different scenarios swirl around your head as your try to shut out the noise.

"Time to go to work." Steve's voice commands sun your ear.

As long as Steve is here everything will be okay. You'll be okay.

You run towards the IFID with Natasha on your tail, just as the armoured van crashes into the walled grounds of the compound. Dust from the fallen bricks distort your vision, corroding your lungs has you heave it inwards. Yellow trucks bound past you into the path that the van had created.

Fuck.

"Just keep going!" Natasha calls catching up with you.

The baseball cap you had been wearing to disguise yourself with begins to flop around on your head with every step, you rip it off and throw it to the ground. Out of your pocket you grab the small, dainty, fibreglass retractable bow that Tony and Clint had designed for you. Jerking it forward it snaps into position, ready to be used .

The backs of the trucks open up, countless heavily weaponed soldiers dive out and advance their way into the building. Shooting anyone in their path.
"Steve, they are wearing gas masks." You shout over the comms, panicked.
Before you finished your breath you see him fall from the sky, landing on the hood of one of the trucks.
If you were so fucking terrified you would have said something sexual. But this wasn't the time, and you were learning when not to joke around.
Something about this mission was serious. More frightening that anything you've ever faced before.

Steve takes out about four men like it was nothing more than buttering toast. He walks towards you just as you and Natasha reach the vicinity.
"Just like we talked about, Bab—Barton. Trick arrow, make an entrance." He winks through his helmet.

You got this.
You tilt your head to the side, "always did know how to make an entrance." You fire an arrow blowing a small contained hole in the side of the building, just big enough for Steve to jump through. He clambers onto the top of a truck, launching himself through the gap you created.

"How we doing Sammy boy?" You call out.
"Peachy! You just watch your corner and I'll watch mine."
"Nat?"
"I'm managing...just keep your eyes on the prize fellas." She quips.

Through the comms you can hear Steve's grunts and groans as he fights his way through the IFID building.
"Shit." He yells out, "They've got the vile!"

No no no.

"Then we have to stop them! I don't want no zombie apocalypse, and I really don't want small pox scars. My skins never been better, since we came back from Malta."

"BARTON!" The collective groans rumble through your ear piece.

"Sorry...I'm just...I'm nervous you guys."

Another armoured humvee races into the compound, alerting you immediately. You grab an arrow and place it ready to fire through the skull of anyone that comes out of there.
A giant metal skeleton body builder with a steroid addiction slams its way out.
You don't stand a fucking chance.
"Uh...guys...a little help." You cry out, but your worries fall on deaf ears as the team battle their own enemies.