Chapter 1

Edited.

A/N:

 Hello hello all! So, I've been editing this you guys. Cue the shocked faces and mouths dropping. Yes, yes. I've quit being lazy... for the time being. Of course it's not all about being lazy, after all I am a student in college and there's a thousand and one things that I need to do but since I love you, I'm currently trying my best to put all of that on hold. Y'all are my top priority right now:)

Hello newcomers! Now the important thing you need to remember is that most if not all of my author's note (AN) will usually be at the very bottom of every chapter but in certain cases it's at the top. Please read that, it's never long. It's important for some of them have details that need to be read.

Anyways, thank ya. Now enjoy this crazy ass book :)

Mia Swift's POV

"NEMO NO! DON'T DO IT NEMO! DON"T YOU DARE TOUCH IT! YOU'LL GET TAKEN! STO--,"

"--Mia! Take out the trash!" My dad screamed interrupting my plead to Nemo's safety.  Ignoring him, I continue my powerful speech. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO--," I shout violently to the television. "LISTEN TO YOUR OVERPROTECTIVE FATHER. I mean he's RIGHT ON THE MONEY!" 

"I've already asked you a thousand times Mia. If you don't take out the damn trash, I'll turn off the TV." I heard him yell again. "Jesus, you're 17 years old..." He trails off. "Would it kill you to ever do anything around the house..."

Okay, rude.

"Alright!" I throw my hands up in defense. "I'm up." I mumble hopping off the couch, grabbing the trash bag and heading outside.

Today is a just another Saturday morning and as usual, I have absolutely nothing to do. I've already finished all my homework the day before so that's out of the question. I'm not really the party-goer of the mall-shopper because well, I don't have many friends. That would also zero out the non-existing love life I have going on. I'm a 17 year old girl and I have never had my first kiss, or a boyfriend for the matter. I actually think that's quite honorable considering how society encourages teens to give it away so easily, but people say I'm a prude. I think that whatever you decide to do is your decision and your decision alone but I guess I still get reprimanded for it. Oh, and as an honor student I get called a nerd pretty often, but that a different matter altogether. 

I'm a senior in high school since I sort of skipped a grade when I was little, and hence another I'm considered a nerd. I didn't skipping the first grade was that much of a big deal but there's the fact that I get straight A's. So yeah, I fit the stereotype to the tee. But can you blame me? College is right around the corner. 

Anyways, I've got about 3 friends. They've stuck by me ever since I've met them and I'm so grateful for it. It takes such an abundant amount of sanity to ride a crazy train like yours truly. My parents are full time doctors, so the pressure is definitely real. My mom and dad are high school lovers and they still act like it even though they've reached their late forties. Sure it's sweet sometimes...

Maybe it's the lack of anything romantic at all whatsoever in life, but they gross me out when they get all love sick.

Which is quite often much to my obvious dislike.

My parents are usually out of town most of the time. They're building their own practice so they have meetings all over the city and not to mention they do this Habitat for Humanity mixed with doctors without boarders, type thing too. I've been used to it because they've been doing this since I started high school. It never bothered me since I was used to being alone anyway. Which is fine. I'm proud of parents, but it's definitely boring. 

After taking the trash out, I let my eyes wander to the gorgeous spring day. My eyes drift to the red-bricked house neighboring my very own belonging to a fellow classmate of mine--Jason McCoy. The 18 year old Greek God.  I'm talking about the whole green-eyed, black disheveled hair, perfect jawline, 6 pack, infamous smirk and hot.

And describing him as just hot is the biggest understatement of the freaking century.

Is he a player? Sadly, yes. But, anyone could guess that. 

Does he ooze out danger and mystery? Goes without saying. He comes off a little dark too. 

Does he know I exist? Even though I've been his neighbor for the past six and half months? Negative.

I am a little socially awkward. My parents have went to that house with all sorts of treats during last Christmas but I decided to keep my distance. They made such a big deal saying that it's rude to not introduce yourself to the neighbors and I said, calmly by the way, "What if I died?" They completely ignored me and walked right on over there.  

Anyway, I might as well have a sign that follows me everywhere I go saying:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE! YOU PROBABLY WON'T EVEN REMEMBER HER NAME! SOCIALLY AWKWARD GIRL ALERT!

Trust me, if I had a sign that said that, people would think nothing different. Some may say I have self esteem issues but I'm perfectly comfortable in my own skin. I really am. I know my insecurities and I know my strong points. I'm a little weird but I'm also really smart, so what's wrong with that? 

"Mia! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" Sarah yells at me as she finds her way to my locker.

Sarah Winona was a jock in our school. She was athletic. I mean extremely well rounded in every sport she plays. I, on the other hand, struggle changing positions when I'm sleeping because I'm too lazy to even get comfortable and I worry about cramping. 

I look at her for a moment. "K." I shrug continuing to take my out my books. 

"K? That's all you have to say?" Maya, a brunette girl with a heavy British accent, says from behind me.

Maya Peterson was a gorgeous girl with a strong sense of opinion. I would always go to her if I needed an honest answer.

I jump at least 2 feet in the air. Where did she come from?

"Um, ok?" I ask.

"You're hopeless." A blonde, petite girl popped in front of Sarah.

Katie Hastings was a small girl with a huge personality. She was the first person to ever become friends with me in high school because she never took crap from anyone and she's doing her best to put her ideologies on me.

Needless to say it hasn't been working too well.

"Hey guys?" I ask them after a couple of minutes of idle chatter. 

"Yeah?" They say in unison. 

"Be honest." I tell them, waking closer into our circle. "Am I--," I point to myself. "--kind of--" I say looking both ways and coming closer to them.

"Awkward?" I whisper.

Then they bust into fits of laughter begins.

Thanks guys, I think bitterly. I surely am feeling the love here.

***
A/N:

I'm warning you now. Some of the beginning chapters are going to be stupidly short but you don't really need to worry about it because the later already published chapters will be much longer.

Anyways, enter Mia Swift. Let me tell you guys something, this chick is all sorts of crazy.