Chapter 5

Edited 4/21/20

I scream. Who wouldn't scream. A man is in my room after hours. 

Jason quickly clamps his hand over my mouth. "Shut up." He whisper shouts. "You want everyone in the neighborhood to hear." 

I nod and he takes his hand away chuckling quietly. 

Why?

Why?

Why? Why? Why?! WHY?!

Is the word I've been repeating for the last 5 and half minutes.

Why is Jason McCoy here? Why does God hate me so much? Why must life be so bitter? Did I do something wrong? I had to have. Maybe in a past life. Yeah, that must be it.  

He positioned himself against the window seal laying down with his elbow on the pillow and his head resting on his hand.

"I watch you from my window!" I blurt, the first thing that comes through my mind. I know that mom told you to be honest, but something things should be left unsaid. My subconscious scolded me. 

He looks stunned. His mouth slowly dropped open. His emerald green eyes gazed into my full brown ones. A moment of awkward silence passed through us as my face flushed deep red. He then abruptly bursts out into fits of uncontrollable and maniacal laughter.

My eyes widened a fraction. Do normal people laugh at that?

"Seriously?" He continues to laugh, trying to catch his breath. "So the whole thing a couple of hours ago wasn't a one time thing?" He breaths. 

"No? Er--I mean yes. Wait." I stutter. "Of course it was." 

He bursts out laughing again.

Oh my god. Does this boy ever quit laughing at my expense.

"Mia? Are you okay? I heard noises!" My dad yells ascending the steps.

Oh my god. Why?

"You have to get out of here!" I whisper at Jason, attempting to shove him out the window .

"No. I'm fine here!" He smirks not even budging. To irritate me further, he begins changing his position. Now he has his hands behind his head, laying down taunting me, as if he's saying 'Ha. Sucks to be you.'

"Honey?" My dad says, knocking on the door repeatedly. "Open up." 

"If I die," I tell Jason in the most deadly voice I can muster up. "Remember, I've never liked you. Not once."

"The stalking seems to tell me different." I hear him whisper after me. "Actually I wouldn't be surprised if you had a pictures of me all over the room." 

I blink a couple of times taking in what he says. "I'm weird, not that weird." Which prompted him to laugh again. Fortunately, it was quieter this time.  

I run to the door at a fast pace, tripping causing me to do a body slam on the door in the process.

Jason covers his mouth, trying to hold in his annoying laugh.

I turn to glare at him.

"Let me in Mia." My dad says sighing.

"I can't!" I yell.