Chapter 10

Edited 4/25/20

In life, I've never been put in a situation where I had to chose between two options that both had an equal amount of consequences. 

To clarify, this is what's happening in my head right now:

Option 1) I accept Jason't stupid request and save myself from Gabby's slap.  

Option 2) Refuse Jason's offer, allow Gabby to slap me across the face, allow my reputation to sink further, and let her see my cry.

Option 1 does sound the better of two evils but let's list the positives, shall we?

There's the fact that I have no reason to associate with Jason after that. I mean, no blackmail means no need to answer to him. Even though, odds are if I do let Gabby hit me, Jason will just find another way for blackmail and to top off, he still has my picture. Not mention if I'm being quite honest, a small part of me thinks that he's not going to stop till he gets his way. 

Okay so making a list isn't really helping me. 

Jason looked down at me with a smug and satisfied look as if he had just read my mind and he knows exactly what I'm going to say. Oh how I wish I can tear it off his gorgeous face. What? It's not like it isn't true.

I let go of his embrace and turn my attention on to Gabby. Her face was red in embarrassment and humiliation from what was happening. To be honest, I've never seen her this mad in my entire life. 

"Well?" Jason whispers putting his arm around my waist as if he was still in protective mode.

And this point I could feel Gabby fuming with anger as she eyes his hand on my waist. Jason notices this and his eyes twinkle in amusement as he brings me in closer to him. "Stop making her even angrier idiot!" I whisper. 

"I need an answer Mimi." He laughs. 

I take a deep breath rethinking my choices. I visibly gulp and Jason's smile widen. I nod to him without uttering a single word. 

His eyes glints in amusement. His smile turns devious and he lowly chuckles."You made the right choice." 

"Whatever." I shoot back earning another laugh from him. 

"Babe," He says, turning his gaze on to Gabby letting go of her hand. Gabby's anger immediately disappears and was replaced by a smile. 

 In a low alluring voice, breathing ever so slightly to make it sound seductive Jason says "Don't bruise your beautiful hand on Mim- I mean Mia." He quickly corrects himself. "You're too precious to do something like that." He says catching my eye winking at me.

Hearing the word precious made me let out an involuntary laugh. Jason quickly pushed me back onto his chest so no one would see me laugh. "Sorry about Mia." Jason says trying to recover. "She's always been jealous of you." 

I pinch him in the side of his stomach as hard as I could but he doesn't even in flinch.

"Oh she's always been like that." Gabby blushes twirling her hair. "But whatever you say." She says sounding just as alluring as Jason.

To everyone she must've been so captivating. But to me she sounded like a dying cat scratching a chalkboard.

Hearing the bell sound, everyone made their way to they're respective classes and soon it was just me and Jason in the hallways. 

"Well, that was show." He said finally letting go of my waist.

"You sure took your time letting me go." I mumble irritatingly. 

"Sorry I got comfortable." 

I lightly blush at his response and roll my eyes. "Besides," He continues. "I had to hide your tears and laughter somehow. As for holding your waist, I did that because I liked it." 

I raise my eyebrow. "You--,"

"--Anyway," He says cutting me off. "See you later, roomie." And just like that, without waiting for my response, Jason struts his way out the front doors of the school,

We still have classes, you know. 

*****

I sit at my small corner table in the cafeteria, munching on some mozzarella cheese sticks waiting for my friends to show up and contemplating the puzzle that is today.

"Hey Mia!" Maya says along with Sarah and Katie.

"Hey you guys," I smile. "I don't know if you heard what happened today..." 

"... Oh we heard, but we want to hear it from you." Sarah says grabbing  a seat next to me. 

"Well...." I begin. 

I tell him everything accept the eerie feeling I got from Jason which when I think about it, I feel that it was all in my head. I tell them how he saved me twice, held on to me, shielded me, and then how he ended up getting his way. 

"OH MY GOD!" Katie yells way to loud. 

"Yeah." I nod slightly embarrassed. "Shh, you're way too loud." 

"Wow Mia. You're living in a storybook, you know that?" Maya says smiling. "I'm jealous." 

"What story?" I laugh at her delusions. 

"It's called the Nerd and the Bad Boy, huh?" Katie smirks. "Something tells me it's going to be special."

I glare at her.

"Ain't that a story." Maya laughs.  

"There's me." I tell her, making a dramatic pause. "The nerd. And then the bad boy." I say scoffing. "Two completely different worlds." 

She chuckles.

"This should be interesting." Sarah says.

And it most definitely was.