Chapter 19

Edited 7/30/2020

"...Mi?" Jason whispered, sitting next to me. "What happened?" 

"Mia Swift who has no relation to Taylor Swift is not here right now, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!" I automatically yell out.

Jason takes in a deep breath and rolls his eyes. "What the hell happened here?" He asks helping me up. "And don't give me a stupid answer." 

"I fell?" I tell him, putting my arm around his shoulder. "Down the stairs... would make the most sense."

"Is that a question?"

"No?"

Jason sighed. "I said no stupid answers Mia. I saw Gaby coming out of your house. What happened?"

"Honestly, what do you think happened?" I grumbled.

"She punched you." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Astute as always Jason." 

"This is all my fucking fault, isn't it?" Jason said with a pained expression painted onto his face.

I pat him on the shoulder and I softly smile at him. "There isn't a doubt in my mind, buddy."

He looked at me and smiled lightly. "I can push you down, you know."

"Apparently," I said, ignoring his threat. "I'm supposed to stay away from you." I told him as he guided me to the couch. "Which is probably best in my humble opinion." 

"Well there's no way that's happening." He automatically said over me.

"Oh good. I was hoping you would make this easier on me." I rolled my eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word. 

"Mi, I'm not gonna avoid you. I don't want to. You're way too much fun to tease." He smirked.

"What happened to that guilty expression on your face like .5 seconds ago?"

"The way I see it is that if I'm with you, I don't think you'll be hurt that often."

It took me a few moment to register what crap he just spouted out. "Did you not see what just happened to me."

"--I could be you knight in shimming armor." He continued, ignoring me.

"Again, did you not see what just happened?" I repeated. "I've never been in a fight in my entire life." 

"I would hardly call that little thing a fight." 

"Do you not see the blood?" 

"More importantly, take off your shirt."

"Okay sure. Then after that let's kidnap some old people."

"I always knew you were creepy." Jason nodded expectantly. "It's weird."

"It was sarcasm. And you're an idiot."

"I know dumbass. Now take it off or I'll do it myself."

"No!" I yell. "I'm not going to do that!"

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything...Unless you want it." He smirks wiggling his eyebrows.

"... Unpleasant." I mumble under my breath.

"I'm just going to see the damage."

He lifts up my shirt and carefully inspects any sign of bruising. His fingers trailed up my waistband all the way to the tips of my bra.

"That's nowhere near where she punched me." I said holding his hand from trailing any further. "Now who's the creepy one?" 

"Way to kill the mood, Mi." Jason sighed, lowering my shirt back down.

What mood?

He looked at my confused face and laughed. "Don't worry about it. Being celibate is an honorable thing." 

"Um I guess..." I muttered confused. "Who's celibate?"

"... N-Never mind." Jason mumbles. "If you don't get the joke I'm not about to explain it."
He mutters.

"So what did you see?" I ask him.

"Yeah, you're probably gonna have a bruise tomorrow. I'd ice that if I were you."

"Thanks, but, how do you know so much about this?" I ask.

"It doesn't take a genius to tell you that you're going to bruise after someone punched you. But also Mi, I'm a badass. I get into fights way too often." He smirked cockily. "And I've never lost." 

"Referring to yourself as a badass makes you sound like an idiot."

"You're full of--,"

"So do all "badasses" normally babysit little kids?" I laugh.

He glares at me. "Shut up." 

That just made me smile more.

****