Chapter 7

Edited 4/24/20

"Mia! What's happening to you? How could you be so stupid and let the kitchen catch fire?" My father angrily yelled. "Only an idiot would somehow cause a fire while making a freaking sandwich. A SANDWICH!

Yup. They figured it out. I mean my parents obviously found out--how couldn't they? Both of them come home, the windows are open, the fire alarm is beeping, there's a fire extinguisher on the floor (Jason and I were arguing on how to work it, don't even get me started), and the fire fighter guys are in the  living room scolding me on the proper etiquette when working with the flames.

When I was being lectured my them, I turned my head to look for Jason, but he ran so fast upstairs leaving me behind to deal with this whole mess by myself. 

Poop face.

It's been about fifteen minutes since my mother thanked the firefighters after they left my house and my father is still breathing down my neck about me being a disappointment and how angry he was.

It's not like I plotted to burn the house down. 

"This is the second time you set the kitchen on fire!" He continued to yell.

Yes, yes it is.

In my defense, the first time was when I was in the 4th grade. I didn't know any better-- apparently nothing has really changed... I was making an omelet and I sort of put the butter on the stove instead of the pan. And then--again, I was in fourth grade--I figured that I could just put some water on and the fire with calm down. But instead some how a wash cloth got wrapped in the flames it and then it was just a huge fire fiasco.

"I'm sorry." I mumble quietly. "It was an accident." I say.

"TWICE!" My dad continues. "Most people don't even do it once!" 

"Ah," I smile. "But think of the stories we can tell!" 

"Mia!" My dad snapped.

"Sorry Dad." 

In reality I want to say, hey don't blame me. The green eyed butt  that's parked right in my room is also to blame.

But no, I don't say that. If I do they're going to start asking new questions: Why was there a boy in the house? How old is he? Who are his parents? What are there jobs? Who's his grandfather? What are their financial records? Any disease in their family? Are they dog people or cat people?"

Of course the last question would be the most important to them.

And it's too early in the day to get into all of that thing with them.

"You're so grounded!" My father says sighing, walking toward his room.

"Alright," I roll my eyes. Of course I am. "For how long?" I ask.

"Two weeks." My mother says looking at my father for approval. He nods. She returns her gaze to me.

"Okay." I sigh. It's not like I have much of a life. What am I going to do anyway?

"Good. Now go to your room." My mom says pointing upstairs.

"Yes sir!" I mock salute her.

"What was that?" She glares.

"Nothing." I mumble as I make my way to my room. "Dang." I groan climbing up the steps. "Didn't even ask me if I was okay..." I mumble. As I enter my room I see Jason casually sitting on my windowsill. I instantly make eye contact with him and gag. 

Taken a back, Jason narrows his eyes. "Well, excuse me." 

It physically hurts me that, this boy can literally do anything and still look like a model from Vogue and meanwhile, I look like a potato at best.

"You've set our kitchen on fire before?" He asks after a moment of silence.

"It was only one time when I was a child, and this time you're at fault too!" 

"Wasn't my pathetic fail on the stove, know was it?" He smirked.

This guy...  "Actually, I would like to point out that at one point, it was. Ant that's not even what... Hey wait a second!" I stop mid sentence. "Did you say our kitchen?" I ask shocked.

He gave me an amused smile. "Yeah, I'm going to be crashing at your house starting tomorrow."

Ohh no no no no.

"No." I say.

What on earth did you expect me to say?!

"What did you say?" He says walking toward me until he's looking down on me. His tall 6'3 stature towered down on my 5'6 frame. "I will come by anytime I please, alright?" He narrows his eyes in amusement. "I know that's more than alright with you." 

His eyes threatened 'you wouldn't dare say no.' Any normal person would've value their life and steer clear from defying this guy, but I have a tendency to be stupid with him, despite my nerd reputation.

"I said no!" I glare trying my best to be brave. "Goddang Jason."

"Well then Mimi, I guess I'm going to just have to change your mind." He says a mysterious glint in his eyes. "You're not ready for it." He finishes off, laughing. "I almost feel bad. Almost." 

"What?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

He gives me an amused smile. Gulp.

"See you tomorrow baby." He smirks and just like that, he climbs out of my window.

Noooooo. Why oh why! I already have too many problems! I don't need him to keep adding them!

I watch him as he jumps into his room walking away from the window seal. Not before he blows be an annoying kiss.

"This is my room!" I yell at him, angrily. Though he was no where in my line of vision. "And my walls and my chair and my bed and my floor and my--,"

"--Mia?" A worried voice said from behind me.

Not locking the door from before, I turn around to be greeted by my confused father. "Oh hey dad..." I trail off awkwardly. "What's up?" 

He opens his mouth to say something but the abruptly closes it and shakes his head.  He then leaves my room and shouts. "Sweetheart, Mia is talking to herself again!" He yells at my mother. "I told you she's still weird."

I roll my eyes and turn back around to see Jason causally leaning against his bed that's directly beside his window. He takes one look at me and starts laughing.

"I hate you." I mouthed to him as I close my window but I could still hear the fits of laughter.

AN:
Nothing too dramatic. This is more filler than plot I guess...

Some of the chapters will be like that, but little pieces of foreshadowing information will be thrown into it so it's important nonetheless.

Who knows? Maybe Jason is doing our beautiful Mia some good in her self confidence department.