Chapter 6

Edited 4/21/20 

"That's not how you make grilled cheese!" I yelled for one felt like the millionth time.

"Yes it is, Mimi." Jason said just as loud. 

I growl at the nick name he got me and no matter how much I begged, he refused to stop calling me it. "You're an idiot." I mutter profusely. "It's not Mi and it's definitely not Mimi." 

After Jason so kindly started calling my home his very own, he continued to irritate me about making him lunch. So after I couldn't take his annoying voice anymore, I settled on making him a grilled cheese sandwich. And now we're bickering on how to make the said sandwich.

This guy here had went through his entire life thinking that first you put the cheese in between 2 slices of bread and then grill up both sides by flipping it. 

All well and good.

But then all of a sudden, he pulls out this giant black potato smasher and begins forcibly crushing that sandwich. And then after he's done he puts it on the plate and looks at me like he just won the lottery. (A/N LOL this is actually how I make a grilled cheese don't @ me) 

I watch him as he makes another sandwich.

This is pathetic.

"Step aside. I'll show you how it's done." I say pushing him out of the way flipping my hair for an emphasis on calm, cool and collected.

I put the bread, cheese, and the second slice on the pan, wait a few minutes and repeat after flipping.

"That's how it's done!" I say, admiring my work. "You see, it's all about the wrist."

The flick of the wrist.

"That's pathetic." Jason bluntly states. "My-" He trails off thinking. "...dead cat has more creativity you." He says smirking in satisfaction to his response. "But tell you what, if I want to eat a bad sandwich, you're the first one I'll call." 

As Stephanie Tanner from Full House, would say, how rude!

"You killed you cat?" I blurt, my stupid girlish nervousness decided to butt in.

What is wrong with me?

"Yes." He passively stated.

I froze, wide eyed.

Woah woah wait a second. Do I have a delinquent/murderer in my house? "Oh..." i trail off nervously. "That's cool..." 

Suddenly, he burst into fits of laughter.

"What?" I yell growing angry.

"Your face was priceless." He chuckles, catching his breath. "You're pretty funny Mimi." he says smiling ruffling my head.

Eh, can someone explain to me why he's ruffling my head like I'm some sort of pet? How old does he think I am? I stomp toward him and I grab his head pushing it down, forcing him to look me directly in the eyes. He looked at me shocked and this his mouth morphed into a smile. 

"Yes?" He questions laughing slightly. 

"How old do you think I am?" I bluntly ask. 

He shakes me off of him. "I dunno? 14, maybe 15?" He says after a moment. "Not more than 16 tops."

Eh. What?

"I'm 17! 18 in a month! I'm in a majority of your classes! I've already told you this, but you're too busy with your head launched up your butt!"

Jason paused for a moment, wide eyed. "What happened to weird, blurting-everything-without-thinking, blushing Mia?" Jason says thoroughly shocked from my insult.

I shrug not knowing what it say. "I don't know. It comes and goes I guess. You're growing on me. Besides, the more comfortable you are around me the more my weirdness stops being weird to you." I say nodding. "Think about it." 

"Really..." Jason trails off. "Still, it's refreshing to see you blush and blurt the stupidest things out."

I blush instinctively. "How does one gain such perfect bone structure?" I blurt.

I internally face palm. I don't know if I'll ever stop blurting stuff out to him no matter how comfortable I am with him.

Maybe one day...

"Ah." Jason says grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "There you go Mimi. That's what I'm talking about."

My face continues to go up several shades of deep red. "Glad I amuse you." I mutter.

"Anyways, how're you so smart? The classes I'm in are pretty advanced." 

I was shocked at his question. No one ever asked me that. "Dunno." I replied honestly. "I mean, YOLO, right?" I say throwing him a toothy confident grin. 

"The fact that you just said that really clarifies the fact that you're a nerd, you know that?" He laughs. "You get a bullied, huh?" He says feigning sadness. "It gets better, maybe not for you though." 

"I am not a nerd!" I said, feeling a tad insulted.

"Are too!" He laughs, mocking my tone of voice.

"Am not!" I all but yell.

"It's not a bad thing Mi. It just means that your less likely to make incredible stupid mistakes." Jason says, he's voice growing low. "That can change your life for the worst."

I burrow my eyebrows. Uhh, what?

"Jason...?" I trail off wondering if I should ask about the sudden change in demeanor. "You okay?" 

"Mi," Jason says snapping me from my internal debate. "The kitchen... Uh, it's on fire."

"What?" I did a double take. 

"The kitchen," He says slowly. "You know, the place where you cook...?"

I nod.

"Yeah... Well, that's on fire."

"Oh." I say nodding my head. Jesus, the kitchen is on fire. No big-- "Wait... WHAT?!" I scream.

Yeah, maybe I'll ask Jason about his mood swing another day. Since my first priority is to save my mothers China cabinet.

AN:
Okayyyyy! Whadya think? And for real you guys, I'm not even joking. I am Jason with the whole potato smasher deal. I legit make my grilled cheese like that. Hey don't knock it till ya try it, y'know?

So, Jason was acting a little mysterious, huh? Hmmmm...

Our little bit off Mia is getting a little feisty, huh? Hmmmm....