Chapter 14

Edited 7/16/20

The sun shined roughly on my face making me twitch. I yawned out loud and slowly opened my eyes only to discover a piece of paper stuck to my forehead.

"Jason." I grunted in annoyance. He really needs to find another way to leave me a message. I opened the note and read it:

I expect breakfast tomorrow Mi. No grilled cheese. The burned kitchen is already a reminder of your inability to cook so I suggest take out. ~J.M

I suggest you sleep at your own place but do I get a say in that? No not me. I crumble up the paper and through it to the side. I groggily get out off the uncomfortable floor and stretch. "I swear he thinks I run a freaking bed and breakfast. The least he could is take the floor. I swear my back is kill--," I mid rant. I furrow my eyebrows and look at my alarm clock.

"No, no, no, no." I begin to panic. "It's already 9:30am?!" I screech, running to the closet to put on a fresh pair of clothes.

I cannot believe him! I'm late for school! I've never been late for school in my entire life! I've never been late for anything!

I toss my books and paper in my backpack and grab my phone and car keys. I quickly make my way downstairs only to be interrupted by the vibration of my cell phone.

I groaned at the caller.

"What?" I rudely spat out. "You're on my last nerve Jason!" 

"That anyway to treat a house guest?" His alluring voice poured out. "What would mama Swift think?" 

"You made me late!" I stated angrily. "You're still making me late! I haven't even left the house yet! And leave my mother out of this!" 

"Better hurry Mi." Jason says tauntingly. "Heard there's going to be a pop quiz next period. Look at that, it's math too. Not your strongest subject, right?" He laughs. "And no makeups."

Needless to say I got in the car and drove off like there was no tomorrow.

"Whoa!" Katie says taking in my rough appearance. "What happened to you?"

"Ja--,"

"Yeah," Maya looks at me. "You look like shit."

"Yeah. Ja--,"

"Are you even wearing clean clothes?" Sarah commented.

"I am! It's because of Ja--,"

"You probably skipped your shower didn't you?" Katie asks.

"Excuse me!" I yell at them. "Instead of interrogating me on my personal hygiene, maybe you should help me with my Jason situation!"

"No ones interrogating you Mia." Maya says matter-of-fact like. "We're just concerned with your well being"

I give her a flat look which she responds with a wink.

"So Jason." Maya says nodding. "He's the reason why you look gross right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes." I sigh, glaring at my bag. "I've never been late and now I have 3 absences." I moan in sadness. "There's goes my perfect attendance."

"No matter what you say," Katie says looking far into the cafeteria. "The boy is hot." She says pointing to the spawn of Satan himself.