Chapter 3

Jason's POV

Edidted 4/20/20

"Hiya, there." She squeaks. "I am Mia Swift." Her dark brown hair is messy all over the place, and her light brown eyes glimmered in the moonlight. Her caramel skin was lightly flushed and a nervous smile laid plastered on her face. "Gosh, how did I get here..." She laughed awkwardly. 

Who the fu-- Isn't this the same chick from that picture? My eyes widen in realization. Goddamn, it is. I smile at the memory of her feathers and color painted face. She definitely looks way better without being covered in a bunch of crap. 

I inwardly sigh and roll my eyes. Now, why the hell is this chick in my room? If she's here to stalk me, god knows I'll lose it. I mean, fuck, who knew when I came to this godforsaken place, the whole damn city would be crawling with these weirdos. I mean one time, I had a girl over and the moment I turned my head, she started sniffing everything because she thought I was sleeping around. Who the hell does something so weird? I mean, I was sleeping around but you can't tell my sniffing my personal belongings. Wait, can you? 

"Listen babe..." I trail off with my signature smirk, trying to be a little quiet because Kyle was over. 

Damn him and his over protectiveness. I roll my eyes again. As if living in this world wasn't bad enough. 

She blushes. Obviously, my charm works on every damn thing.  I inwardly roll my eyes. 

"Stalkers disgust me." I tell her straightforward. "You should put your energy in other more normal things. Like, I don't know..." I squint my eyes at her. "What do you like to do in your free time?" 

"Sometimes I knit." She whispers.

"...Right." I nod my head. "That's definitely normal." I sarcastically say. "Anyways, if you came here to sniff my stuff, I-," I began sighing.

"--I beg your pardon?" she cuts in.

"And, you're a little slow too on the uptake, awesome." I mutter sarcastically. "My day keeps getting better." 

"First, I am not, a stalker." She adamantly responded. "Second, I don't know why I would want to sniff your belongings. I think you should see someone about that if that's something you're going through..." She trails off. 

"Then what do you think you're doing in my house, weirdo?" I look at her with a 'duh' expression. 

"You see that white purse that's on the floor there?" She says trying to wiggle around in my tight hold. I nod. "Yeah, that's the one. You Mr. is the one who stole my purse! You're the one who decided to snoop through it!" She yelled furiously. "If you hadn't taken my purse we wouldn't be in this situation. You're a thief." 

"What?! You dropped your purse outside my house!" I defended. "Which was your mistake! Besides, haven't you ever heard of finders keepers?" I scoffed. 

"Of course I've heard of finders keepers. And then I turned 7 and realized that that's not actually how things work." She rolled her eyes. 

"You're so annoy--,"  

"--Ohh." Her eyes widen and then twinkle in excitement. She chuckles quietly.  

"What..." I trail off curiously. 

"Mhmm." She nodded understandingly cutting me off. "You thought that it was your purse, didn't you?" she sarcastically says. "That makes sense. You have that feminine charm going on for you." 

Feminine charm? 

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I glare.

She winks at me while holding an annoying smirk. "Not even bothering to deny it, eh?" she chuckles. 

"I don't carry a purse. Even if I did, I would opt for one that didn't have a bunch of puppies on them. What're you, four?" I tell her narrowing my eyes. 

"Denial leads you nowhere, you know." She laughs. "I think its the second sign of grief..." She trails off, changing the subject. 

I''m going to hurt her. 

"It's the first sign and furthermore, who are you?" I repeat.

She wiggles one of her hands from my grasp and holds it out for me smiling widely. "Hi! I'm Mia Swift. Didn't I introduce myself before? I'm a classmate at our school and we have many of the same classes! Also, I've been your neighbor for the past several months." She greets. "My parent's have came by here and gave you some cake and other goodies from the past holidays." 

Holy shit.

She's my fucking neighbor?

I let go of her and sit on my bed. She scrambles to her feet. "You've been my neighbor for months?" I ask. "I have never once noticed you." 

"Yes Sir! I do get that a lot!" 

Her response caught me off guard. "Why couldn't you stick me with someone normal Kyle." I quietly curse. 

"Who's Kyle?" She responds. 

"So you're here for your purse, right?" I ask ignoring her. 

She nods. "It's rude to ignore people..." 

I hand her the purse ignoring her again. She quickly grabs it and tightly holds it against her chest. 

"Is that all?" I question. 

She nods.

"You may go now." I point towards the window. "I would offer the front door but, well I'm just not that nice." 

"I figured as much." She agreed and quickly runs to the window, but not before tripping on a pile of dirty clothes on the floor. She falls on her butt and groans.

I burst out laughing causing her to flush. "I've never seen someone so uncoordinated." 

She turns and glares at me before she climbs on the tree and makes her way back to her house. I watch her as she leaves. She steps onto her widow and trips over her own two feet. She falls into her room. I start laughing again. What the hell is wrong with this chick?

She turns and looks at me blushing like crazy. She brings her hand up and shuts her window. I laugh and I grab a picture from under my bed.

It's Mia at some party, looking crazy as ever with whipped cream, feathers and everything.

"Mia Swift, huh?" I smile.

Things are about to get interesting.

"Jason?" A heavy British voice called from my door.

I roll my eyes. "What, Kyle?"

Kyle leans against the door frame with he's arms crossed. "Who is that girl?"

I chuckle at him. "Mia Swift."

Kyle nods. "Don't do anything stupid, alright?"

I frown. "What do you mean?"

He sighs. "Nothing at all." He says walking away from the door.

Calm down Kyle. I won't drag her into my mess. I just want to have some fun.

A/N:
Annnnd enter Kyle! Alright, if you're new then just ignore this and keep on reading.

If your not, then you might be thinking, ehh why the hell is Kyle here right now?

Well, I'm making some very minor changes and this happens to be one of them. You really don't need to go back and read everything through again cause the changes are very minuscule.