Chapter 48

You guys don't even know the amount of shit I went through these past couple of months. Still, that's no reason for not updating. I'm so sorry.

***
"Quiet." The boys whisper, guiding me off the ship.

My eyes drift to my surroundings.

This was definitely not what I had in mind.

The atmosphere was glazed with a thick fog that made things harder to see.

And not to mention everything is as already dark. .

Complete and utter darkness.

The ground below us was the only thing I could see, but it was only a dim lit grey.

"Wow. This place is a lot brighter than I remember." Jason mumbles past me.

My eyebrows arched, eyes shot to his direction.

"I know man." Kyle nods his head in agreement.

My eyes shot to him.

Kyle notices and looks at me confused. "Anything the matter love?"

"Yeah just one small thing... I think I'm blind."

"Oh yeah. I forgot you're human." Jason says sighing. "Anyways, it'll brighten up for you."

I stare blankly at him, stopping in my tracks.

"Tell me something Jason. How do you forget that I'm human."

"Your scent."He replied bluntly pulling my arm ushering me to walk.

"Wow." I mutter sarcastically. "Thanks for not giving me the vaguest answer in the world." I say smiling at him. "Oh wait!" I mock a shock expression. "You did do that." I roll my eyes.

"You know what your problem is?" Jason says looking at me, his green eyes full of amusement.

"Enlighten me."

"You talk way too much."

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"I mean you ask me why I forgot that your human and I tell you because of your scent. Then you go off on this tangent when really all you have to say is," Jason says pausing to clear his throat. "Oh Jason, the love of my life, the air in which I breath, the ground on which I stand, the world in which I live in... what do you mean by my scent?" He finshes off smirking.

"Okay let me try." I say smiling. "Oh Jason, the love of my life, the air in which I breath, the ground on which I stand, the world in which I live in, you're an idiot." I finish off.

"I think she just said she loves you." Kyle says whispering to Jason. Jason nods in agreement. "This isn't good."

My left eye twitches. "Ignoring that statement, I've got to ask-- scent? What do you mean?"

"Love," Kyle says chuckling. "Don't let in freak you out. All it means is that since you've been.. for a lack of a better word, wanted, in Muerte, Jason took the liberty of masking you in his scent. It's barely even noticeable to us."

"Masking me?  How so."

"Well when you passed out a while back, he decided to put his scent on you. It's a complicated process to talk about. Its his feather mixed in with certain ingredients and its lathered on your back where you wings would be if you were a demon."

"And when did I even pass out?"

"More like, when haven't you passed out Mi." Jason says chuckling.