Chapter 8

Edited 4/24/20

I cautiously take a step inside the school building with my hands over my head, hoping it would protect me from any fatal danger that Jason will put upon me. I look in both directions and dart toward my locker. Not today Jason. Not today. 

"Mia? What are you doing?" Asks a small voice from behind me.

I visibly jump in the air clutching my chest to turn around to be greeted by Sarah, Maya, and Katie.

"Hi." I mumble, dragging my feet discreetly till I reached my locker. "Can't talk, very busy." I say, continuing to stealthily walk.

"Who died?" Katie asks ignoring me. The girls followed me in curiosity. 

"Me in the near future?" I offer, moaning. "In the very near future." 

"So nothing new?" Maya asks, earning a quiet snicker from Katie.

"Same ol' Mia." Sarah laughs behind her. 

"I swear to god. All of  you will die a very painful death  if you keep that up." I glare at the trio.

Maya sighs. "Jason?" She guessed.

I nod. Who else?

"What has that hotness done this time?" Katie asks leaning against my neighboring locker.

I look at her in shock. You have got to be kidding me.

"What?" She innocently smiles. "It's not like it isn't true." She defends. "I mean you'd have to be blind to not see it."

"She has a point there." Maya adds. "That boy is fine!" She dreamily sighs. "The things I'd do to that boy must be illegal in some states."

Um, gross. Nobody looks at personality these days. I mean, personality trumps physical appearance, right? And what could she do that would deem illegal anyways. You know what, I actually don't want to know. 

"That's... disturbing." Sarah says awkwardly. "Tone it down." She laughs.  "Anyway, what did he do?"

I twist in my combination to my locker. "He pretty much threatened me." I say opening my locker. "Now, that's nothing new."

"What do you mean--?" Maya says.

"--What's that?" Katie interjects looking at a piece of paper laid awkwardly in my locker. I picked up the paper and eyed it over.

Mimi,

I told you that I would change your mind, didn't I? So you have been warned.

Just a heads up, if anything happens to you, you can't blame me for it. If you weren't stubborn, this would've never happened. Anyway, make sure you make some space in your room for me.

Your near future roommate- JM

PS. Brush up on some cooking skills. 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who JM is. I grab the things I need from my locker and shove the note in my bag. 

I mentally curse at him, that idiot. Why must you cause me such troubles!

I stomp off toward the direction of my class, leaving behind a couple of very confused friends.

I'll deal with them later.

Come on McCoy, I think to myself bitterly. Don't be a butt.

Guess what, McCoy is and always will be a butt. No surprises there.

A/N:
Alright, this chapter is ehh. Sorry you guys, I was really sleepy when I wrote this buuuut...
...

Nah. I don't really have much to say .