Chapter 13

Edited 4/29/20 - I kind of feel like there's way to much dialogue in this chapter but enjoy anyways :) 

Update on my life: Math should be banned and replaced with nap time.

- thank you.

**

"I'm asleep!" I yell at the door. I look at Jason with a hopeful look in my eye that said 'Do you think that worked?" 

Stifling a laugh he shook his head with a firm no. 

"You think I was born yesterday?" My mom roars on the other side of the door. "Open. The. Door. NOW!" She growls. 

You see, my mother and I have a unique relationship so to speak. As in, my weirdness is associated with her. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you don't get that now you will in pretty soon. 

"Okay mom!" I yell out. "Give me a minute!"

I get up and scan my room frantically trying to find something that will help me get out of this very messy yet sadly, very real, situation. 

"I'm just going to wait till this all blows up because I'm sure it'll be very promising and  inevitably will be hilarious." He says smirking leaning comfortable on my headrest. "So don't mind me."

I roll my eyes in anger. "What's that thing that you're not?" I saying feigning stupidity. "Oh yeah, funny." I point my finger at Jason. "You." I drop my voice low and menacingly. "Get in the closet. NOW!" I whisper opening the closet door. 

"I can't even explain how cute you are." Jason says chuckling getting off the bed, walking towards me.

My face immediately heats up. "What are you--,"

He walks towards me and pushes a strand of hair from my face. "--Because you actually think you can tell me what to do."

My mouth becomes dry and my sentence become jumbled and incoherent.

Jason pushes me away slightly and goes into the closet closing the door behind him.

I raise my eyebrow at him. "And yet?"

He looks back at me and winks. "And yet."

"Of course you owe me though." He yells from the door.

"And there it is. It's not like I'm letting you stay at my place rent free or anything."  I roll my eyes. "Just hush!" I roughly whisper back.

"Mia!" My mom cuts me off. "What part of now do you not understand?"

Well the now part. But whatever.

"Greetings mother." I say opening the door calmly. "How may I assist you on this fine evening?" 

She walks in the door shoving me out of the way as if I'm a murder about to be convicted. Which actually would be a better punishment than her finding Jason in my closet.

"I thought you and dad wouldn't be back till later?" I ask nervously. 

She narrows her eyes at me. "Well, we forgot to pick up some of the paperwork and had to drive back." My mom begins to inspect every inch of my room. Her eyes glide to makeshift bed on the floor.  

"Why is there a bed on the floor?" My mom asks looking at me, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Uh, Mom." I breath in. "That's a very good question and I think you know the answer..." I trail off. "Because you're too smart to not know?" I offer.