TWO

Carly sighed as she took out her AP Chemistry textbook out of her locker. This day has been going by extremely slow. How was it only 3rd period? During the week of her "sickness", she took a break from social media. 

When she was redownloading Instagram, she saw multiple DMs, mostly guys telling her if she's down, they'll take her out to dinner. She left most of them on read, hoping the boys took a hint she was NOT interested. She was done with guys at this school. Now of them were worthy of her time. They're immature, horny morons. 

At least no one has come up to her asking how she was. The looks of pity in her classes were enough for the girl.

Apparently everyone knew about her and Paxton's break up. Not too sure how, but the girl wasn't surprised. Everyone knew everything that happened in her life. 

"Hey. You good?" A familiar voice asked the girl.

"Please don't ask." She looked up and saw a certain senior. 

EJ chuckled. "I wasn't going to."

"Good. I can't handle any of these pity stares anymore."

"I'm sorry. Um..." EJ started, he didn't really know how to say what he wanted to say. "I know the last time we talked, it wasn't ideal. And you're right. Whatever you do, it shouldn't be any of my business. I'm not your boyfriend, I'm lucky to even be your friend right now after everything, but no matter what you do, I'll support it, 100%. And if you want to continue to date Paxton, I say go for it."

Carly smiled. "Thanks but um Paxton and I kinda broke up."

EJ's eyes widened. "Oh. Um... do you want to talk about it?"

"Maybe another time?"

"Sure." EJ nodded. "After school? We can get ice cream before my baseball practice."

Carly nodded. "I'd like that."

EJ smiled. "Great. Now c'mon, we have a Chem test to tackle."