TWELVE

Monday came sooner than Carly would have liked it to come. I guess you can say the girl had an eventful weekend. From being civil with her ex-boyfriend, ex-best friend again to finding out the scouts from UCLA were gonna be at her first softball game of the season, yeah she had a lot to think about.

Carly tried her best not to bother Paxton. Even if they were civil, she still wasn't over with what happened between the two. She's getting there though.

One step at a time.

"Hey Carly." Ben said to the girl as he walked up to her at her locker.

"Hey Ben. How are you?" She asked the boy.

"I've been better."

"I'm sorry." Carly sighed, knowing exactly why the boy wasn't feeling to well. The girl he thought that liked him was two timing him with another. If the girl was Ben she would be pissed. 

Ben shrugged. "It's whatever. I'm over it."

"Have you tho?" Carly knew the boy wasn't. No one would be. 

"What are you talking about?"

"It's okay if what happened upsets you. You were basically cheated on and lied to. If I were you I would be angry, upset, every emotion there is."

Ben sighed. "I just thought that maybe she liked me you know. After what a terrible relationship I had with Shira, I thought maybe someone would like me instead of my money or who my dad is. But yet she just couldn't choose between me or Paxton. I mean what did I not have for her to not want me, all of me."

"She's an idiot then Ben."

"No she's not." Ben didn't know why he was still defending the girl. "She's smart, caring, a smartass sometimes, goes against everything I say and want which makes me tick sometimes but at the end of the day, I like that about her." Carly half smiled when she heard the boy talk about Devi. "She challenges me. She makes me think outside the box and it feels like I'm always learning something new."

"You must've really liked her."

Ben nodded. "Yeah I did. That's why this hurts more than when Shira and I broke up."

"I know how you feel. Even after everything Paxton did, I still till this day make excuses for him  but you'll soon realize there's so much more to life than being hung over by some person you thought you liked. You'll get over it Ben. You can always join my friends and I. It's a good pick me up." Carly smiled at the boy.

Ben nodded. "Thanks Carly. See you around."

"See you around Ben."