TWENTY-NINE

"Hey sorry I'm late." Carly said, getting into the boy's car. "English teacher kept going on and on about Macbeth and how it's all Lady Macbeth's fault, blah blah blah."

Paxton chuckled and started the car, driving off. "It's cool. Are you hungry?"

"Starving. Can we stop by in-n-out?"

Paxton nodded. "For sure."

The car ride there was filled with comfortable silence. The only thing playing with the chill playlist Paxton had he always played.

In-n-out wasn't too crowded compared to other days. The two ordered their food and found an empty booth.

"Can I ask you something?" Paxton asked the girl, a little afraid if he said this he would blow it for himself.

"Sure." Carly nodded.

Paxton took a deep breath and said, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you forgive me? What I did was the shittest thing ever and if I were you I would have not forgiven me at all."

Carly sighed. "I don't know Paxton. I guess I just realized that there's no point in dwelling in the past about something you can't change. Of course what happened between us was not ideal and probably the worst thing ever, but I don't want something like that to ruin me living my best life."

Paxton nodded. "I get it. But I'm trying ok. I'm gonna try to be a better person. A better friend and make up for what happened."

"You're a good person Paxton. Sometimes you just have a tendency to do things that you know are questionable but it's life. You learn as you go. As long as you recognize your mistakes and learn from it then I don't see you as a terrible person."

They heard their number being called as Paxton got up and got their order. Carly smiled when she smelt the fries in the tray Paxton put down in front of her.

"Lunch is served." Paxton said.

Carly took her burger and took a big bite of it. "I forgot how much I love these burgers."

"Same." Paxton said also taking a big bite of his burger. "So have you talked to EJ lately?"

Carly shrugged. "Here and there. He's busy with water polo and baseball. Don't really know how he does it because he was at the water polo tournament in San Diego last week and now he's at the Las Vegas baseball classic. He's lucky I'm a good friend and sends him the assignments he's missing."

"So you're basically partnerless in chem?"

"Yes and no. The teacher helps me because he doesn't want a threesome. But he ends up giving me all the answers so I guess I shouldn't complain."

Paxton nodded. "Yeah EJ I was wrong about that guy. He's given me a lot of advice about things that you're right Eddie wasn't good at so."

"Wait? You and EJ talked?"

"Yeah. Surprising right."

Carly chuckled. "Well I'm glad everyone's getting along."

Paxton nodded as he watched the girl eat her burger. He couldn't help but stare at how effortless and comfortable she is. Most girls he eats with, are too polite, which isn't a bad thing but he likes a girl who can eat and isn't all about salads.

Oh boy. Paxton's feelings for Carly is back and he doesn't know what to do.

✄-----------------------------

1K reads!!! WHAT!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

Also guess who just landed a job!! This girl!! I start on Monday so I'm trying my best to finish this book by then. I think it's doable. I still have no idea how I want to end this book but hey I still have time. If you have any ideas or suggestions don't be afraid to drop a comment. I love hearing from you guys!