THIRTY-EIGHT

"Eleanor!" Carly yelled down the hall, trying to get through the crowd of people. "Excuse me. Hey move!"

"Hey Carls." Eleanor smiled at the girl.

"You were great!" She hugged the girl.

"Thank you. I was super nervous to go up there."

"But you still killed it."

"Thanks." Eleanor wasn't as happy as she should be after what happened with her friends and ex-boyfriend.

"Everything okay?"

"Malcom and I broke up."

"The weirdo that talks about the same role he had for decades?"

Eleanor chuckled. "Yeah that one. I guess if you put it that way I'm glad he broke up with me. Even if it was over text."

"He broke up with you over text?" Eleanor nodded. "What a dick. You deserve so much better."

"Thanks Carls. What sucks is that I was under his spell and lost all my friends in the process."

"I'm sure they'll understand once you tell them what happened. Nothing can break your guys' friendship."

"At least I still have you."

Carly smiled. "Always." The girl saw the two walking in their direction. "Well speak of the devils. I'll see you around El. Bye Fab and Devi." The girl said as she walked away to her friends.

"You done? I'm starving." Caeleb complained.

"Yeah let's go." Carly said only to see Paxton walk by with Trent, Sheri, and Zoe. The girl smiled at the boy which he returned.