NINETEEN

Paxton ended up going home, claiming he had some studying to do instead of going with the group to get some early dinner. Carly was confused as to why the boy didn't want to come, but she brushed it off.

Dinner was fun before the group was back at school for the 24 hour relay.

Bryce was telling the group about the matching t-shirts he customized for the group.

"Alright guys, so like my mom works at this customization warehouse, told her I'm in this, so bam." Bryce explained, but failed miserably. "Check it."

Carly saw the t-shirt the boy made and chuckled. "Team 2B2C2EL2MW? What type of name is that?"

"I thought you were smart little C. Hello it's all our initials." Bryce said, like it was the obvious answer. 

"Uh huh. Would have been easier if we were team win. Or something." Lily said.

"You know I worked really hard coming up with the name. And you guys hating on it is giving me the bad vibes I don't want."

Carly rolled her eyes at how dramatic the boy was being.

"Hey you know. I like it dude. I appreciate you." Caeleb told his friend.

"Thanks man. I knew I can always count on you." Bryce pulled the boy in a bro hug.

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." Carly chanted at the two for them to stick out their tongues. "Children."

"And yet they're my best friends." EJ said.

"Don't know why."

"At least I have you." EJ smiled at the girl.

The girl couldn't help but blush at the words. "Right."

Right? Did she just say that? She could have said anything else but right?

Idiot.

"Check it. Ed and I made some signs." EJ showed the posters him and her cousin made.

"Come thruuuuu." Carly chuckled. "Be the beast not the baton. Ok these are actually terrible."

"Hey we worked hard on these alright. You and Lily are so judgmental." Eddie complained.

Carly rolled her eyes. "My apologies. Your signs are to die for. Mind if you make me some for my softball games."

"You beat I will."

'Oh god." Carly groaned not thinking the boy would agree to it.

"Sorry gotta do what I gotta do to support my girl." EJ said casually before walking away to set up their tent.

Carly stood there, probably bright as a tomato.

His girl?

Carly Tan was EJ's girl?