NINE

Carly only heard a bit of the conversation with Devi, Ben, and Paxton. But she felt bad for the two boys. She knew she should be laughing at Paxton, saying he deserved it, but a part of her still liked Paxton and wanted what's best for him.

So she did what she shouldn't have done, she followed Devi and Paxton outside.

"Paxton, please come back. I swear I didn't mean to hurt you!" Devi yelled at the boy.

"Get over yourself Devi, as if you could hurt me." Paxton yelled and just like that he got hit by a car.

A few people screaming and Carly's eyes widened.

Was he died?

She noticed a lot of people just stood there, taking pictures, talking, but none of them went to help the boy. That's when Carly realized Paxton didn't have many true friends. The only true friends he had were both mad at him. 

So Carly ran to the boy, squatting down. "Paxton." Carly rolled the boy over, nervous when she saw his hand not looking normal. "Oh shit."

"Is he okay?" EJ suddenly next to her side.

"I don't know but we need to get him to the hospital like right now."

"For sure. I'll drive." EJ helped the boy up, walking him to his car. EJ safely puts the boy in the back seat while he climbed in the driver's seat, Carly in the passenger seat. They were all on their way to the hospital. EJ tried his best to stay under the speed limit but failed.

They quickly got to the hospital. EJ grabbed the boy out as they all ran inside.

"Help. My friend just got run over by a car." Carly said as a few nurses came over, wheeling out a wheel chair.

"We'll take it from here. You guys can stay in the sitting room." One of the nurses said as they all took Paxton away.

Carly sighed and prayed that Paxton would be okay.