THIRTY-SEVEN

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies. But hey it's protein isn't it?"

Carly immediately closed her mouth when she heard those words.

"Saw you and Pax talking. Good? Bad?" Eddie asked his cousin, sitting down at the spot that Paxton was just sitting at.

"Uh?"

"Words Carly. Words."

"Shut up." Carly rolled her eyes.

Eddie chuckled. "Then don't be such an easy target."

"Whatever."

"Are you okay Carly? I just feel like you and I haven't talked much this entire month. You barely even talked to me during Grandma's birthday party which I excused because you were going through something so I didn't want to be rude or anything because I care about you and you're my cousin, sister even and you haven't even told me what happened with Paxton. Well you did but I still don't understand shit. But... my point is is that please don't shut me out. I'm not one to judge." Eddie ranted.

Carly nodded. "You're right. I haven't really told you much because I'm trying really hard to forget about everything and then Paxton kissed me the other day so I just feel very confused right now."

"You and Paxton kissed?" Eddie's eyes widened. 

"Yeah..."

"Wow. And then what happened?"

"I ran out and came after me to give me a ride home. Asked him about it today all he said was it was a mistake and a heat in the moment."

"What a douche." Eddie said. "Well was it a mistake for you?"

Carly sighed. "I don't even know at this point. A part of me still likes Paxton. But I want to protect myself and do what's best for me."

Eddie nodded. "Understandable. How did you feel when Paxton said it was a mistake?"

"Disappointed."

"Because it wasn't a mistake for you."

Carly smiled when her cousin helped her answer that question which he does often. "Yeah."

"Maybe he's only saying that because he thinks you didn't like it because you didn't kiss back so to save himself he said it was a mistake." Eddie explained.

"Maybe. He does have a tendency to do that. Thanks Ed. You know you've gotten better in the advice department."

"What can I say I'm a superstar at everything." Eddie boasted about himself causing the girl to roll her eyes but laugh at her cousin.