SIX

Carly threw all of her trash bags in the trash bin. She was exhausted and was not looking forward for softball practice after.

"Hey... Carly." Devi said as she approached the girl.

Carly could not catch a break today. "Hey."

"Um... I um... I'm sorry." Devi stuttered. 

"For?"

"Getting in the way of you and Paxton. I didn't know if you guys were serious because he said you guys weren't but if I knew I wouldn't have kissed him."

Carly nodded. "I'm over it Devi."

"And I'm sorry for making up shit. I just was so wrapped up in the idea of being popular I didn't think about anyone other than myself."

"Thanks Devi. I appreciate it. And it you want to be with Paxton, by all means. I'm over him."  

Devi shook his head. "Nah. He's not the guy for me."

"Really?" Carly was surprised to hear that. 

"Yeah. He asked me out on a date and it wasn't even a date. Trent and Marcus were there. They didn't even leave until Trent ate too much pizza and barfed."

Carly chuckled. "Typical."

"What?" Devi asked, confused.

"Paxton's definition of a date is you and him plus his 2 other girlfriends. Like we were supposed to go to Sushi Kato, just the two of us, somehow Trent and Marcus showed up. Worst night ever. At least the food was free."

"Seriously? He definitely doesn't know the definition of a date."

"No he does not." Carly chuckled, suddenly remembering her conversation with a certain boy. "You know Ben's 100 times better than Paxton right?"

"What?" Devi asked, uncertain if she heard the girl correctly. 

"You'll find out sooner or later. I know things were shit these past few months but I'm willing to put everything behind us and be somewhat friends?"

Devi nodded. "Yeah I'd like that."

"Hey Carly!" EJ yelled, telling her they were about to leave.

"See you around Devi?"

Devi nodded. "Yeah see you around Carly." 

✄-----------------------------

OVER 100 reads already?? You guys are the best!!