TWENTY-SIX

Carly was finally able to use the bathroom pass to go pee. She hated the boy that used it before her. She was on her period and she really needed to go. She opened the door and walked into one of the stalls. She did her business and walked out to wash her hands, before she heard someone crying.

The door opens and reveals a crying Aneesa.

"Hey Neesa." Carly said to the girl. "You okay?"

"Hey Carl. I've been better." Aneesa said.

"Here." She pulled some tissues out of her bag and gave some to the girl. "It'll feel better than those gross toilet papers."

Aneesa chuckled. "Thanks."

Carly didn't know what to say. "I'm not gonna ask or anything, there just rumors from someone who's probably just jealous of how pretty and easygoing you are. But if you ever need someone to talk to, you have me. I was told I'm a pretty good listener."

Aneesa sighed. "I just thought that, you know I transferred schools to start over and run away from the problems I had there but now it comes back haunting me."

"Were they that bad at your old school?"

Aneesa nodded. "To the point where I would hide out in the bathroom so nobody would see me."

"Tell you what? I'll get a pregnancy test, ask Fabiola to change it so that would be all people talk about. That they found a positive pregnancy test." Aneesa laughed at the girl's idea. "Or I can get in a fight with Lily, a little hair pulling. People will be talking about that for weeks. And they'll forget everything about your rumor."

"It's okay Carl. I just. I'm gonna lay low now and just continue to do me."

"Such a queen. Well like I said I'm always here if you need someone to talk to." Carly looked at her watch. "Man I've been gone for too long, I should probably get back to class. You have my number, text me, call me, Facetime me, anything, I'm here for you." Carly hugged the girl.

"Thanks Carl." For once in Aneesa's life, she had hope that her anorexia story was not gonna be the talk of the school.