THIRTY-TWO

"Oh gross guys. Makeout somewhere else please." Carly complained as she saw the newly couple Ben and Aneesa making out near her locker.

"Hey Carl." Aneesa said.

"Sorry Carls." Ben said.

"So when did this happen?" Carly asked the couple as she opened her locker to get her Spanish textbook.

"Yesterday actually." Aneesa said. "And thank you so much for what you and Lily did the other day."

"What thing?"

"The fight that everyone talked about."

Carly chuckled, remembering that. "Oh that. It was nothing. Like I said I got your back no matter what."

"Thanks Carls. I'm glad I came up to you guys my first day. To be honest I was absolutely terrified."

"Seriously?" Aneesa nodded. "You sure didn't seem like it. If anything I would have taken you as a total extrovert."

"I get that a lot but hey you know what they say new school new me."

"Babe I think the correct term is new year new me." Ben corrected the girl.

Carly rolled her eyes. "Ben and your dumb corrections. Chill we ain't in English class. What are you the grammar police."

"Oh I wish." Ben groaned.

"You're dating a nerd." Carly said to Aneesa.

"So I've been told." Aneesa chuckled.

"Hey I'm right here." Ben said. "You know what? We're leaving. Don't need this negativity in my life right now."

"Wait. You're going to the Winter Dance right?" Aneesa asked the girl. 

"Oh right the Winter Dance." Carly sighed, not wanting to think about that right now because it'll only make her sad.

"Don't tell us you're not going." Ben said.

Carly shrugged. "What's the point when I don't have a date."

"Well they're only there to hold our purses and look cute." Aneesa pointed out causing Ben to frown.

"Is that what I am to you?"

"Yes you are."

Carly chuckled at the couple. "Well we know Paxton isn't gonna ask me."

"Why not? You guys seem pretty close these days." Ben said.

"I'm so sure anymore."

"Hey it's fine. I'm sure there are other cute boys that would be dying to take Carly Tan to the Winter Dance."

The three talked a bit before walking to their classes. Carly was thinking about the dance. She could just go solo, it's not like anyone would care, but she wanted to go with a certain boy that she stupidly left when they had a moment. 

✄-----------------------------

OHH the Winter Dance... can't wait for you guys to read what I have in store!!