EIGHTEEN

Sherman Oaks ended up winning 8-2, beating the Crescent Bays. Carly went 3-4 with a solo homerun, a single, double, and a walk with 4 RBIs. To say she had a good game would be an understatement. She did amazing.

"You were great sweetie." Her dad said to his daughter.

"Thanks dad." Carly smiled.

"The scouts looked impressed when I saw them." Her mom said.

"Really?"

"Yup. So you coming home with us or..."

Carly shook her head. "I'm gonna go get dinner with my friends and then I have the 24 hour relay thing."

Her parents nodded. "Be safe okay honey. Text us if you need anything."

"For sure. I love you."

"We love you too." Her parents took her softball bag and walked away from the girl. She laughed when she saw her dad try to put his arm around her mom only for her to push it away.

"Little C!" Bryce yelled, picking the girl up and spinning her around.

"Bryce. Stop." The girl said, slowly getting dizzy.

"We're so proud of you." EJ told the girl, pulling her into a hug.

"You were great Carls." Paxton said.

"Thanks guys for coming. You know you guys didn't have too."

"We wanted to." EJ said.

Before any of them could say anything, someone interrupted them.

"Carly Tan?"

Carly turned around to see one of the UCLA coaches. "This is her."

"Hi Carly. My name is Lisa Fernandez, assistant coach at UCLA."

"Hi Lisa. It's so nice to meet you." Carly shook the lady's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. Carly, I was amazed by your performance today and you have so much potential to join our softball program. Here's my card. I'll be in contact." She said before leaving the girl in shock. Did that just happen?

"Carly!"

"Did that just happen?" Carly said, still in shock at what just happened. 

"Yup."

Carly screamed at her friends and looked at both Paxton and EJ before engulfing EJ in a hug. She didn't mean to hug that boy first, but he was there and well she just did it.

Paxton on the other hand felt sad, for what reason? Carly hugged EJ first, not him. I guess he deserved it. He should be happy he's still in her life. But a part of him wished that things were still the same between them.