TWENTY

"Welcome to the 24 hour relay. Now we all know the rules. One member from each team must be running the one-mile loop at all times for 24 hours." Ms Warner said.

"And I'm running first why?" Carly complained as she took the baton out of EJ's hand.

EJ shrugged. "Because you were the slowest in noses' goes."

Carly groaned. "That's not fair. You guys knew I sucked at that game."

"You'll be fine Carls. Think of it this way, you'll have to do it sooner or later. Might as well do it now."

"That doesn't make it any better." Carly rolled her eyes. 

"On your marks!" Carly heard the teacher say.

"Good luck Carls!" Lily cheered her friend on.

"Yeah little C." Bryce said.

"Come thruuuuu." Eddie said, holding up his come thru sign.

"Take your time so we don't have to do it." Caeleb said, gaining a punch in the stomach by Lily. "Ow. That's fucking hurt."

"Good."

"Get set. Mr Shapiro please do the honors."

"As a practicing pacifist, I will not be using a starting gun. Instead I will be playing 3 notes of peace on this Perusvian siku." Mr Shapiro stated as he blew something, making all of the kids not know when to start. "That means you can go."

Carly nodded as she started running down the course. She was gonna take her time. She wanted to take her time. This wasn't a mile she should finish in 7 minutes like she always did.

She needed time to think. To think away from everyone. She knew she liked EJ but more as a friend? She wasn't too sure about that. And was she even ready for a relationship right now? It's barely been a month since what happened between her and Paxton. 

And there it was Paxton. Paxton Hall fucking Yoshida.

Carly still had feelings for the boy. She wasn't lying when she said she liked both boys. At least she wasn't like Devi who dated them both and practically humiliated both of them.

The girl looked at her apple watch to see it was a good 5 minutes past the time she expected herself to finish the course, she made her way back to the beginning. She passed the baton to Caeleb. She went back to their tent but ran into one of the boys she was thinking about.