TEN

"Paxton Hall Yoshida?" A doctor asked.

Carly immediately stood up walking towards the doctor, EJ right behind her. "Yeah. How is he?"

"He's gonna be fine. Only a broken arm, did some surgery before you know it he'll be back to himself."

Carly nodded, trying to stay calm. "Can we see him?"

"Are you family?"

"Yeah. I'm his sister and he's his cousin." Carly lied, she knew if she didn't they wouldn't let her see Paxton and she really wanted to see if he was okay. His parents were on the way but she didn't have faith they would be here anytime soon.

The doctor nodded. "He's in room 112. Down the hall to the right."

"Thank you so much Dr Thornton." Carly smiled, dragging EJ down the hallway.

EJ chuckled. "Didn't realize we were related."

"He wouldn't have let us see him if we didn't. So shut up." Carly opened the door and saw Paxton lying on the bed with a case on his left arm. "Hey."

"Sup." Paxton said.

"I'm sure it hurts like a bitch so I won't ask you how it feels. But everything's gonna be ok." 

Paxton nodded. "Yeah. Thanks guys for driving me here. I don't think anyone would have done that so thank you."

"It's no problem dude." EJ said. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Water please." Paxton said.

EJ nodded. "Be right back." He left the room because he didn't want to be in there anymore and he knew the girl wanted to talk to the boy. Call it friend tuition.

Carly didn't know what to tell the boy. The last time they talked, it didn't go so well. Paxton on the other hand couldn't really understand why she was here. After everything he's done, she was here.

"I'm sorry." Paxton finally said.

"For what?"

"I was a douchebag when we dated. I never really put you first in anything when I thought I did. I guess I thought that dating you would just be the same when we were friends plus sex. But, I slowly realized that I don't know what it's like being in a relationship."

"It's okay Paxton." Carly said to the boy. "We'll talk about this later. You had a rough night."

Paxton shook his head. "I don't wanna talk about it later. You deserve to hear this. And I know that sorry doesn't fix what I did, but I just want you to know I am truly sorry for everything."

Carly nodded. "I forgive you Pax."

"Do you think we could ever be friends again?"

Carly smiled at the boy. "Maybe."

With that the two stayed in silence before Paxton's parents came.