THIRTY-THREE

Paxton walked into English class, ignoring everyone like he usually does. He spent the entire weekend thinking about Carly. How he shouldn't have kissed her because it ruined everything now. But he couldn't help it. It felt like the right time. He was expecting the girl to kiss back but she didn't which left the boy even more confused.

Did she not like him anymore?

"Hey Paxton." The boy heard Devi say, sitting down next to him. He turned his attention back to his book, completely ignoring the girl. "So what was your memory of our last interaction?"

"You yelled at me like I was a stupid child."

"I can see how you'd interpret it that way, but listen I had just been suspended and I was in a really emotionally volatile place." Devi defended herself causing the boy to be even more angry.

How did he like this girl when she never takes responsibility for her actions?

"Whatever Devi. I don't really care about it." Paxton shook his head.

"Really? Sick. So if you wanna meet up later, we can talk about tutoring..."

"Yeah I don't think I'm gonna need tutoring anymore actually." Paxton cut her off. "Besides I already found someone else to help me."

"Really? Like who? Not to sound greedy or anything but no one here has a higher grade than me. I'm basically your best bet."

Paxton shrugged. "Whatever. At least she doesn't yell at me for not holding my hand."

Devi sighed. "Ok."

"And she doesn't bail on me for shitty reasons."

Devi nodded as she turned her attention towards the front of the class. From the process of elimination, Devi could figure out that it was Carly that was Paxton's new tutor. Rumor has it the two are back together because of how much talking they've been doing lately. Surprisingly it didn't bother Devi that much, Ben and Aneesa on the other hand did. 

✄-----------------------------

ATTENTION HAS ANYONE WATCHED ALL AMERICAN YET?

I just started it and man I am hooked. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Might write a book about it after this one is finished. 

Who knows if I have time but we'll see!