FIVE

Paxton did not like the idea of picking up trash. If everyone could just put it in the trash can he wouldn't have to be here. He wouldn't have been rejected by Devi asking Ben to be her partner. He also wouldn't have to see his ex-girlfriend flirting with the guy he hated so much.

He hasn't talked to the girl since their breakup. He gave up calling her, leaving drunk voicemails about how much he missed the girl and wanted to get back together.

So he did what he had to do. He pulled the girl away from EJ to talk.

"What the hell Paxton!" Carly yelled, trying her best to get out of his hold.

"You and EJ huh?" Paxton scoffed. He hated saying their names together. 

"And?"

"You dating or something?"

"And you care because?" Carly narrowed her eyes at the boy. 

"You know why."

Carly shook her head. "No I don't. I never did so tell me Paxton why do you care?"

"Because I love you."

Carly scoffed. "Yeah fucking right."

"It's true." Paxton argued. 

"Are we done here or?"

"I wanted to talk."

"Isn't that what we're doing?"

"Can you just for once take me seriously!" Paxton yelled. He was upset that she was treating him like a child. "You never once let me talk. You keep dismissing me like the idiot I am."

"You're the one who called yourself an idiot. I never once did."

"But you treated me like a child."

Carly rolled her eyes. "When? It's not my fault I'm not a mind reader because I never know what you want anymore. You say you want to be with me then the next day you're with another girl."

"You know what? I'm out." Paxton said, walking away from the girl.

Carly scoffed. "That's right Paxton. Walk away like you always do."

"Fuck you Carly."

"You already did." Carly said, earning a shake in the head from the boy as he walked away to find his friend.

Not how Carly expected the conversation to go, but she liked how she had the last word.