FORTY-TWO

The shopping trip was a success. Both Carly and Lily were able to find their Winter Dance dress. Carly with a nice dusty blue halter midi dress and Lily with an emerald cowl neck dress. The two girls decided to get ready at Carly's house only because she had a bigger room and a nice mirror.

Carly was excited. She's really just taking this as a friend date. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Well how do I look?" Carly asked her best friend.

"Beautiful. Magnefastic. Absolutely stunning." Lily said, hyping up her friend.

"Thanks. You look very beautiful, breathtaking as well my friend."

Lily chuckled at her friend and was about to say something but was stopped when they heard. "Carly! Lily! The boys are here."

"Let's go." Lily hooked her arm with the girl as they walked down the stairs to see the boys.

"Looking goood." Bryce complimented the girls.

"Can someone call 911? Because I think I just stopped breathing." EJ said.

"You guys actually look put together." Caeleb said.

"Even datable too." Marcus added.

"You guys must be the reason why there's global warming." Trent said.

"You guys are annoying." Lily said, shaking her head.

Carly smiled at EJ as he put the corsage on her right wrist. "You look amazing Carls. Not that you look amazing all the time but..."

"Thank you EJ. You don't look so bad yourself."

"Picture time!" Carly's dad said, holding up a big iPad.

"Dad what did I tell you? What's the point of using an iPad when it's no different from your phone."

Carly's dad, Brennan shrugged. "Lazy. C'mon guys one picture."

Everyone posed for one picture which turned into a bunch because everyone didn't smile at the same time.

"Ok mom and dad. We really have to go." Carly said to her parents.

"Alright guys. Have fun. Call us if you need anything."

"Bye Mr and Mrs Tan."

"Bye Brennan and Cindy."

"Wow is that a coyote?"

And the whole gang was on their way to the Winter Dance in a party bus. It's gonna be a good night.